C233: To Zaira

Chapter 233: To Zaira

General John Rigen's perspective
(Real Rank: Sergeant)
US Marine Corps - US Army joint operation
5:32 AM, December 17th, 1173
Tod forest - Border between Warsaw and Attenta

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

"Urgh...?". - Suddenly, my eyes opened and a scene of many people inside the helicopter appeared before my eyes

Looking at them for a while with my confusion, my brain finally realizes something. Honestly, I was a bit tired earlier so I slept. Last night, 'cause of thinking about saving Reimi too much so it stressed my brain.

And now I just had napped during the flight. However... seems like the DH - 1 Helicopter is now flying in another area. Although I'm not sitting at the heli's door, but I can see a bit by tilting my head toward the door.

From my view, a forest scene is spreading before my eyes, from the door of the chopper. Pvt. Gubi and Lt. Rivia, who are sitting on both sides of the heli's doors, are watching things below. Inside the chopper, everyone is so silent.

"John... you fell asleep?". - A woman's voice called me on the left side, that was my wife's voice

I look at her, see her holding my hand tightly. Shera seems to be also nervous about saving Reimi, because we're heading to her location.

Lieutenant Rivia is tracking Reimi's last found location according to the intel sent by my Advisor. Those operatives are working on it, and I hope Reimi will be saved soon.

About the last night's assassination, the mission was a failure. However, Rivia and her Spec Ops Ranger squad managed to eliminate Stella. Despite losing one target - Alt Toten, Hoster still decided to head to the Palace today.

We'll save Reimi, and then escort her to Turavan forest in No Man Zone. Right after saving my wife's servant, we'll consider whether or not should we head to the Palace.

Hoster doesn't like to lose, that's why he wants to retake the throne as fast as possible.

"Where are we?".

"We reached Tod a few minutes ago". "Rivia said Reimi would be saved shortly". - My wife replied to me, also holding my hand tightly as if she was waiting for good News to come to us

I hug Shera tightly and make her be closer to my chest, headpatting my wife. While cuddling my wife, I look around the space inside the chopper to see the people.

Sarah and Hatano - both of my subordinates can be seen sitting on the left, next to my wife. They're well-armed with their M21 and M4 rifles strapped on their shoulders.

Not wanting to cramp the space, I decided not to bring any Alrotz military backpacks. Thus, we only brought guns and ammo with us in this search and rescue.

"Clak!". - I cocked my M4A1 to check on the bullet inside the chamber

After checking on my rifle, I keep headpatting my wife while hugging her. Although I want to sit closer to the heli's door to see the outside scenery brighter, it's impossible for me.

Because... Hoster and Sherry are sitting before me, while Lt. Rivia and Pvt. Gubi are on the chopper's doors.

There's nothing left for me to see in this chopper, so I headpat my wife. Honestly, wartime makes me neglect my wife, sometimes scold her when I'm out of control. Actually, I regretted scolding and beating her. When the war is over, I'd like to love my wife more, and have more relaxing time beside her and other of my relatives.