C238: Childhood (Part 2)

Chapter 238: Childhood (Part 2) 

Shera's perspective

"Yawn...". - Even the sleeping feeling in this dream is also real to me

For some reason, this childhood dream keeps lasting till this time. After getting caught by my late mom, I thought I would stop dreaming... but no, I did not.

Instead... my "dear" mom hugged me tightly and dragged me back to my private room. Needless to say, I have to stay here to study. Reimi's now guarding outside of my room. Meanwhile, my mom had gone away from the room silently when I was studying the alphabet.

My mama could've gone to make a mini dinner for dad by now, otherwise... she might be "battling in bed" with him.

Sitting in my private room to study alone, I see everything is so huge. When I was young, everything before me was very huge, and I was so small. But when I had grown up, everything, stayed the same in the size. But... my body was bigger and taller, so I saw everything was so narrow.

"I'm wondering what John was doing right now".

My husband's older than me by 9 years old. That means John was 15 or 16 at this time, then his childhood time was away for so long, I think so. Hmmm... but John was in the age of an adult at that time, he must be on his way to a career.

Wait, no. From what I remember, at that time my husband was in a country of his world named Afghanistan. Since he was dragged to the sand warzone by his ruthlessness mother, he was surviving there. His deployment to that land, was about 3 months

"I hope he's now safe". - I dropped my pen and started chanting my hands, praying for my husband's safe life

After praying for my husband, I look behind my room, checking something. Maybe I should leave the study process right now, this is just my childhood dream after all.

"Reimi... open the door...". - I made my voice cute, luring Reimi to open the door

However, I received no reply from my servant. It shows that she's very serious about her guard duty... oh, I failed.

"Sigh...". - I sighed tiredly while returning to look at study empty papers on the study table

They're empty wide papers for the students to practice literature things. Nearby they are papers with missing words, they ask students to fill in the empty parts perfectly.

There are also some papers that have sample drafts for the student to "examine". Because Keris Imperial Academy is the only school in the country, and it's opened with high standards of enrollment. Nobles are only allowed to study, commoners aren't.

If a student wants to study at this school, that pupil must pass a test. From the elementary term, the 1st-grade student will have to pass an entrance examination about writing. The topic will always be "The reason I want to enroll in this Academy".

That's what I know about the way of selecting students in the school I used to study. Because of that reason, my little self, must be studying hard by now. Half of a year later, my little self would have to pass the entrance examination to enroll... sigh.

"Sigh...". - It's very boring to learn the alphabet

I'm in my dream, living in my little body while my brain is from my 18. Well... I guess I'll right away, start with the writing progress, I think. Later, I grab an empty paper sheet and dip my pen's head into the ink box to fill the black ink fully.

After doing that, I start writing on the paper sheet. Hmmm... it's a little bit annoying when I have to re-modify my writing style. Cannot let anyone suspect this is a submitted exam paper from an adult. Because my 18-year-old self is living in my little 5 years old body.