C230: Cheat Death (Part 1)

Chapter 230: Cheat Death (Part 1)

General John Rigen's perspective
(Real Rank: Sergeant)
US Marine Corps
2:01 PM, December 16th, 1173
Botarad forest - Border between Veta and Keris

After deciding to stay with the purpose to save my wife and my subordinates, I fought back the enemies and fled. Alongside the random Alrotz military backpack I grabbed and rifles in my hands, I slayed 'em all. However, things were not so lucky.

I accidentally grabbed Sarah's Alrotz bag, I fought and fled at the same time. Until... my rifles ran out of ammo, my small weapons like grenades, flashbangs, and even CNW grenades as well.

Having no ammo left, I had to sneak, trying to flee from the Attenta hostiles. A big unfortunate, their number was too many and they kept chasing me down since I was a General in the battle.

In the last moments, I returned to the castle with the purpose to grab some ammunition. Turned out, the ammo crate had exploded in there due to an explosion caused by the attack in the castle. I was caught.

Not so long later, I was captured and detained inside the castle. Not just only me but also many WCA soldiers and some Marines were captured as well, being tortured in my own house.

A long time after torturing the soldiers and Marines without achieving any big progress, they decided to kill them and kept me alive. Well... I was dragged out from the castle to follow their Army, marching from Veta to the Capital.

Instead of moving with the entire army of 200.000 troops, the group that captured me, moved in another route. They did not follow their own army, but jailed me in the middle of the forest named Botarad - the border between Veta - Keris Capital region.

Currently, I'm being hung on a pillar in a standing pose, my hands are strictly tied from behind. My feet, are tied too, they don't beat me or anything, just simply want to test my limit.

They keep me dry in the sunlit, they don't want me to defecate or urinate... not even eat or drink. Hmmm... actually, I'm just a human being so standing against this torture is rough for me, when I have to be honest with myself.

I try to open my eyes, but the scenery before me is very... bright and hot. Two hours earlier, that time was noon so it was not too serious to me.

However... this time is maybe... 1 or 2 PM. They put me in the corner where the sun is shining harshly... although the winter this year is not too cold but I'm breathing out some cold breaths right now, very tired.

Luckily they stripped me but left me a rag for wrapping around my crotch. These guys, can now be seen eating in their newly placed mini camp. My belongings are stuffed in there, and they're curious about their uses.

All of sudden, I see a hostile who was guarding me suddenly go out from the small tent. Instead of coming out with his spits, he comes out with a plate of cookies, slowly approaching me.

"Hey, big boy!".  "Ya are lucky, our ally is so good with you". - He said while approaching me from afar

After approaching me, he puts the plate on the ground, nearby the trail of a bunch of ants are going. Strangely that this time they decided to give me some cookies... must be their trick to fool me, I guess.

"Pissed yet?". - That enemy man grabbed a cookie from the plate while asking me

I'd say that I'm very exhausted right now, because of having no water or food. Answering this guy will be difficult for me. Hmmm... all of sudden, not just this guard went out but his Commander and other soldiers can be seen going out of the tent as well.