C243: Vanished

Chapter 243: Vanished

Shera Rigen's perspective

Hmmm... now I wonder what should I say first.

My husband's subordinates and some soldiers have now gathered in my house. Reimi also returned from surveillance outside the place. However, John is still on his way home. My husband seems to be... quite hurry.

I don't know what made him order us to start the escape so suddenly. I was chatting with my old friends. And now they are still here, but be confused and the things that are happening.

"Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!". - Yellings could be heard when I was standing at the worktable

They came from the WCA men soldiers. Some are officers and some are enlistees, and they're ordering their men to pack up things. From outside, carriages and horses for the escape are prepared quite many.

"These things are to burn!". - An WCA officer stopped two soldiers carrying a drawer that held "secret" papers. "This way!". - He pointed to the direction which leads to the backyard

Those soldiers later follow the route which is drawn by their commander. All of us are silent while standing in a corner of the worktable. Sarah and Hatano don't say anything at all. Sarah seems to be like me, she is also bewildered.

However... Hatano still keeps her emotionless face. She stands while putting her hands on both of her biceps. About my friends, Raptu and Akane... they're standing beside me. But they don't say anything too.

"What are you doing, sis?". - Sarah asked her older sister confusedly when she was putting down her Alrotz military backpack on the floor

Hatano doesn't say anything but opens the bag. She takes out her M21 sniper rifle, and attaches a magazine to it. Later she glances at her little sister, but with an empty eyeball look. As if... she is telling Sarah to prepare weapons like her.

After the battle, John and his subordinates lost the ammo supply. The ammo from the muskets cannot take the place of their rifles'. Somehow. They are lucky when their rifles still have some ammo, though the rounds are very few.

"What should we do now, my Highness?". - Reimi suddenly called me from behind

I reply to my servant by shaking my head. I honestly don't know what I should do. Now I only know to wait till my husband returns.

Somehow... when Sarah got here, she also brought two women with her. They are Litra - the Stansa Lord's Advisor and Paula - the maid. Those servants are standing beside Sarah. They're also confused like her, not knowing what to do.

"Shera! Shera!". - All of sudden, John's voice came out

I look at the way that leads to the front doors. My husband is walking inside, he is looking for me and others. John looks so nervous, according to me.

"Thank God, you're here". - He saw me. "We need to move right now, alright?". - He approached me, sometimes he looked behind

"Nod".

Then John comes to his Alrotz military backpack. It's placed near Hatano's position, she keeps it for my husband.

Later I look at the front doors, still nervous. Reimi taps on my shoulder, as if to tell me to stay calm and relax.

"No, they can't go with us". - John suddenly spoke up

"They will be safer if they stay". - Turned out he was arguing with Sarah. "Hatano, go check outside for me". - He ordered Hatano to leave the argument

Hatano doesn't do what my husband ordered her, but stays there. John keeps seeing Sarah's head shake, meaning she doesn't want to leave those servants alone.