C236: Slow Down (Part 2)

Chapter 236: Slow Down (Part 2)

General Sarah Hatano's perspective
(Real Rank: Private First Class)
Krieg 2 - 1 Fireteam
United States Army
7:34 PM, December 17th, 1173
Imperial Palace - Keris Capital - Warsaw Kingdom

After arresting the Prime Minister and other traitors in the court, His Majesty retook his throne. We stayed with him till this time, and new things happened during the time we stayed in the Palace.

From what I heard. The 150.000 Attenta troops that were marching toward the Capital, had withdrawn. It happened recently, we were scared that we would have to fight against their invasion.

But no, they left the chance to attack Keris. And currently, everything seems to be clear and under control of the King.

But... not yet. Those who are arrested, are waiting to be executed by His Majesty. Puppet officials are being tied and left outside of the Palace's entrance. From what I heard, they will be executed by angry crowds of civilians.

Currently, I'm standing beside my sis. Behind us is Rivia's group, they follow us to the Palace's prison house. The Prime Minister is jailed in there, and Hoster wants to say something to that old man.

Hoster is standing before us. Next to him is Baston - the jailkeeper... they are standing in front of the jailroom which is holding the old man Alt Toten.

"Open the door". - Hoster coldly ordered Baston to open the jailroom

Baston slightly nods to Hoster, later brings out a pack of metal keys from his belt. He unlocks the wooden lock of the door, and slowly opens it.

"Follow me". - Hoster looked behind, glancing at us to tell us to follow him. "Others stay here... do not come in without having my order". - He glanced at every person. "Remember... my "father" and I don't want to be disturbed". - Done saying, he stepped inside the jailroom silently

"Understood, Your Majesty". - Baston bowed to his liege when he walked into the room

I'm a bit hesitated to go inside, so I look back to see Rivia and her men. They see me, later give me a thumb up, telling me they'll wait outside.

"Get in, Ladies". - Baston reminded us, he raised his hand toward the open door

Despite having a bit anxious, finally I see my sis step inside the jailroom. I also follow my sis, getting in there and ignoring my high nervousness...

"Slams...". - The door of the jailroom was closed silently

"You two are late...". - His Majesty said to us by glancing behind. "Father, you awake?". - Then he crouched down, cuddling the old man's face

Seeing the Prime Minister hasn't woken up, he keeps cuddling the man. About us, we look around the jailroom, feeling its gloomy... dark atmosphere, and its coldness.

Holes as windows on the wall can be seen having lights from outside. Those are dying lights from outside, they make the jailroom look scarier... and spookier.

I pretend to ignore the scary atmosphere in the jailroom. Therefore, I point my eyes to Alt Toten - who is now tied up from his hands to his legs. Now he's lying on a small wooden guillotine. The blade is above his head, waiting for its rope to be pulled or cut down to chop the man's head.

After capturing the Prime Minister and his men, His Majesty immediately planned for the mass execution. That's why puppet officials are now tied and left on the streets, outside of the Palace.

About this man, His Majesty jailed him in the largest jailroom. By that, he added a small guillotine in the room and made Alt Toten faint. He was placed on the guillotine, locking his head in the hole, waiting for the old man to wake up... to behead him.