C253: Friendly Fire (Part 1)

Chapter 253: Friendly Fire (Part 1)

John Rigen's perspective
Japan - Camp Kinser under the control of Japan Armed Forces (JAFs)
Okinawa island
August 31st, 2060 - 8:45 PM

US military and F.R.O.N.D.E.R Allied forces are deploying, waiting for the amphibious assault order from the superiors - in the meeting...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

The daytime lasted quite short to us, and it wasn't a happy daytime at all. I had to stay in the hotel just to rest, to cure the shitty wounds of mine. Others in my group also stayed with me. Time soon passed, and Lieutenant Seeley came to escort us to Okinawa.

We took a flight and got to Okinawa island - this place is now under control of Japan military, not the US anymore. And for some reason, which is very odd to me. Instead of the name (JSDFs - Japan Self Defense Forces), now their military name changed to (JAF - Japan Armed Forces).

Somehow, it makes me feel like everything changed a lot after the Third World War. Many things changed but the thing I've seen lately and directly here was the Japanese military - the Armed Forces.

From little information that I fetched from Lieutenant Seeley and my friend Cawess. The "New World Order" of this world during and after the Third World War had changed a lot. Both small and big things, changed a lot.

United Nations was disbanded, fallen when the war broke out. Now it's been replaced by a new organization - United Earth. Same things happened to North and South Korea, both were unified. But Communism still remains.

Now things come to Japan's military and a strange to me military organization named FRONDER. Somehow the Japanese constitution had been changed after the war, resulting in its reformed military size expansion.

But the thing that I notice a lot is FRONDER. It's not related to NATO or any other US military allies, not the same. I'm trying to figure out what its short name stands for... FRONDER, huh?

Front... yeah, a military front of something. But I want the puzzles to be placed perfectly in the mold as fast as possible.

But now is not the time to think about it. I think I should think about something else.

...

...

...

After coming to Okinawa, we were escorted to stay in Camp Kinser on the island. From what I know, this military logistics camp used to be under control of US Marines. However, now the Japanese own the base. FRONDER Allied and the US MILITARY are deploying their forces.

Right at this moment, all of us are sitting in a waiting room to wait for Cawess. From what I knew from the door guard, Seeley and my old friend are now having a war meeting. They will be back when the meeting ends. But we all have to stay here, can't go outside.

"I wonder when they will be back for us...". - Sarah sounded up, expressing that she wanted to see them soon

My subordinate is now sitting on a long couch, on the right. She's sitting opposite me, holding a book to read as if to kill time. Besides Sarah is her older sister, who is also reading book as well, I think.

I look beside me to check on my beloved wife. She is now also reading a book, she seems to be curious and wants to do some research on the "Third World War" books. Sometimes she glances at me to check on me. But now maybe I'll be silent a bit to let my wife have her own time.