C269: Familiar But Hostile (Part 2)

Chapter 269: Familiar But Hostile (Part 2) 

John Rigen's perspective

...

...

...

At this moment, we nearly eating up the food that we ordered earlier. Reimi has done eating, she is now doing her best to pick the lock of the stone lock by using a metal spoon with a broken head. Yura is observing the guards outside of the window, they are still there. We must make sure that they won't see us doing this suspicious thing.

"Done yet, Reimi...?". - My wife asked her servant, she was eating a cheesecake

"Almost, my Highness...".

Done hearing Reimi's voice, I finally eat up half of the cookie in my hand. Then I get up, considering my next move when we escape through the basement door in this room. The guards will surely return here to meet us to tell us that the message has been sent to the Apostles. Although that idea seems to be hard to happen, it can still happen.

I must think of a plan that makes them don't get inside here to check. I must act fast, the delivery guard will return here shortly to retrieve the meal plate that we are using.

"Ahh, done...". - Reimi suddenly announced to us, I looked back and saw her opening the basement door after she pulled out the broken spoon

"Knock! Knock! Knock!". - Suddenly, the door got three knocks from the other side

"Everyone, I'm here to clean up the meals that I gave you". - Shit, right in time when we managed to find a way out

Reimi immediately covers the door by using the cloth lines, then gets up and acts like nothing happened. We stand before the door, feeling nervous when we don't know how to say back to the guard.

"Could you please send us the same meal again, Sir?". - All of sudden, my wife spoke up. "Also, we don't have a need to have these things cleaned right now, even when we have finished up". "Come here to clean we call you, Sir".

"Alright, I'll be back later...". - The delivery guard later walked away

"We don't have much time, let's go now or never". - I said to everyone to remind them, then looked at the prophet and my wife. "Prophet, watch the window, don't let them detect you, read book to deceive them". "Shera, watch the door and notify me if anything happens, got it?".

"Okay". - Both of them nodded at me

"Reimi, open the door, go with me down there".

When I turn to look at the basement door, Reimi has opened it for me. The space down there is quite dark, that's why I decide to walk down there first in silence. When we come downstairs, a room appears, seems to be a bit dark. I see a lever, attached to the wall on the right side of the entrance.

However, I don't pull up that lever, but I come inside the place deeper. There is a thing that looks like a door, it's ahead, not so far from us. Maybe this door leads to somewhere else. The room is quite dark, but my eyes are getting used to the darkness.

"Something's there...". - Reimi suddenly spoke up

I look in the direction that she is looking, and see an old wooden table. On its surface has something like a hammer, its head is stuck on the table. While besides it has a wooden box, seems to be holding something inside. However, I only care about the hammer.

"Alright...". - I pulled the hammer out of the table's surface, then pointed to the door to ask Reimi to get there

She approaches the door then stares at me, as if to ask me if she should open it. I nod, Reimi opens the door with no trouble, she opens it a bit wider for a better view.