C200: Help

Chapter 200: Help

Erissen's perspective

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Now I didn't know how to explain. One hour had passed since we got split up from Raptu, and now we were in Veta region, to the castle. After the incident, my father led me and my mom to Veta to seek the help of the Lord there, according to my father.

Walking would take much time so we took a ride from an accidentally met merchant's carriage to the region. While on the journey, many glances from the carriage, from his bodyguards and even that old man staring at our bodies, seemed to be very dirty.

Luckily that my father was with us and he fastly paid for them before getting off the carriage to journey on foot. Thanks to this, we managed to find a secret place to get to Veta without being stopped by the border guards to check for our paper. That was so lucky.

"We're near, my daughter".  "Keep going, the castle's in our sights, keep going". - My father kept grabbing my hand and my mom's while walking to the castle through the dirt trail

The castle was very near us, not so far away to reach it. While going to the castle, oddly that my mom didn't say any words to us, which made me feel unnerved. At least, now we reached the castle's entrance, it was now widely opened for us to go through.

"Umm, hello...". - I saw two women soldiers guarding the entrance seriously, to show my friendliness, I waved to them but received no reply

While walking with my father, my mom and I kept trying to hide our shredded uniforms behind the cloaks we were wearing. In front of me was a horse keephouse on the right side of the ground. The castle's front doors were ahead, we were trying to reach it as soon as possible.

"Ummm, good afternoon there, soldiers...may I see the Lord?". - My father pulled my hand and my mom's out while approaching the soldiers, he later asked them

"Tell us the reason you come here with the people and what's your relationship with the Lord, old Sir?".

"Uhh, we ar-".

Suddenly, before my dad could finish talking. The front doors suddenly opened and a figure came out...that was Reimi, as I could see well. Strangely that her eyes seemed to be newly sobbed. But why didn't she stay with Princess this time? Busy?

"Ahhh, father...? You're here?". - What? Did I hear wrong? She just had called him her father right?

"It's good when you're here at the right time, my daughter".  "This thing's important, now I want to see the Lord right away, let me get through". - Wait, wait, wait, wait...

"Another child...?".  "So he's already married to another one before coming to me?". - My mom whispered to herself, though she didn't look like to love my father anymore but, now she seemed to be a bit jealous

"Ummm...it surprised me when you get here, father".  "Her Highness and Lord Rigen are now having...business, they are quite bu-"

"Just at least let me talk to them in only minutes, an important thing needs to be reported".  "Only this time".

"Wait, soldiers...this man and the ones following him...are familiar, don't be cautious".  "Let them in, they're VIPs". - Reimi later raised her hands toward the women soldiers who seemed to be cautious of my father, telling them to stop