The True Underworld

Calli pov: "Kiara, you probably should go see Mumei." I said

"But what about you guys?" Kiara asked

"We'll be here waiting," Calli said.

I nodded and left, going towards the underworld gate and putting the place I wanted to go in, and then I walked in, but when I came out, I realized I was back at Towa's.

"Welcome back?" Towa said confused

"There's no way I went to leave and I'm back here." I said it in shock.

"Wait, you went through the underworld gate to leave and then ended up back here?" Towa asked

"Yes," I said.

"Huh, that's odd...." Towa said

I yanked out my phone and called Momei immediately. I needed to know what the hell was going on.

"Hello?" Mumei said.

"So, Mumei, I can't leave the underworld," I said immediately.

"Hmmm. "I wonder why," Mumei said.

"I went through the gate!" I said.

"And where are you right now?" Mumei asked

"Towa-senapi's house," I said.

"Huh, Towa-sama's huh." Mumei said

"What are you thinking?" I asked.

"Something is off," Mumei said.

"What is it?" "Please tell me!" I said

"Well, the fact that technically Towa-sama's house isn't on the map..." Mumei said

"Do you know anything about that?" I asked Towa

"I have no idea." Towa-senapi said

"The underworld is one of the realms that Zeta has learned about," Mumei said.

"Okay, Mumei, what does that mean?" I asked

"I will tell you," Mumei said.

I waited for her to talk again, but she didn't say anything and was silent for a few minutes, which confused me.

"What are you doing?" I asked

"I was kissing Fauna," Mumei said.

"Okay, but I need you to focus on the fucking task at hand because I can't meet up with you otherwise," I said.

"Well, we can't call Sana to pick you up right now," Mumei said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"It's a long story that I'm not going into again," Mumei stated.

"Alright, Mumei, what the hell do we do then?" I asked

Mumei pondered what we could do, and she suddenly had an idea.

"Can you check to see if there is a gate in Towa-sama's house?" Mumei asked

"Why would there be a gate in Towa-senapi's house?" I asked

"How the hell do you always pop out there?" Mumei asked

"Huh fair point" I said

I got up and looked at the doorway that I came out of, and I noticed that it definitely looked like a gate, but the metal was replaced by wood; it was very rustic.

"Did that use to be a gate?" I asked

"Yes, it was," Towa-Senapi said.

"So it still works despite its state," I said.

"I don't think it does." Towa-senapi said

"It has to; I wouldn't be here otherwise," I said.

"Well, we can't just activate it." Towa-senapi said

"I know I'm not saying we activate it; we need to turn it off," I said.

"How will we do this?" Towa-senapi asked

I have no idea since I don't know where anything in this house is, and I sure as hell don't know how we'd even turn it off-the underworld gates don't have off switches.

"Maybe burn it, Kiara," Mumei suggested.

"No!" Towa said.

"Oh yeah, that'd burn Towa-sama's house down," Mumei said.

It seems like that was the last of Mumei's ideas, so I decided that I needed to check downstairs in the basement to see the fuse box, so I did so with Towa-senapi looking for a way to turn off the gate.

"Look Kiara!" Towa-senapi said

I looked at what she wanted me to look at, and I saw text similar to the one Mumei had me look at earlier.

"What did you find?" Mumei asked

"Text," I said.

"Can you read it?" Mumei asked

"A little bit," I said.

"Alright, what does it say?" I asked

"The seventh?" I said

"Is that it?" Mumei asked

"No, but I can't read the rest," I said.

"Can you send a picture?" Mumei asked

"Yes, but we'll have to end the call," I said.

"End it. Send me the pictures. I'll then give them to Fauna, and then I'll call you back," Mumei said.

That sounded convoluted, but I did as I was told and entered the call and immediately took a picture of the text, sending it to her. It took around four minutes, but soon enough she called back.

"Interestingly, the underworld is listed as one of the realms," Mumei said.

"What realms?" I asked

"Oh yeah, you need to be informed about this," Mumei giggled.

"So tell me!" I said

"Okay, so Zeta found out there are a lot of realms in the world, and apparently the underworld is one of them," Mumei said.

That was interesting, shouldn't it be an extension to the standard one since it's well, nevermind, but it should be the way I'm thinking the Ether also counts then as well?

This is interesting. I didn't get the whole concept of realms, like what defines a realm other than a different plane of existence, and would that plane of existence be the normal one for the inhabitants of that realm or not?

To be honest, I'm confusing myself a lot. I have no idea what is going on. I began wondering what Ollie was doing for some reason.

"Mumei, did you find anything else out?" I asked

"Yes, I have a way to get you here," Mumei said.

"How?" I asked.

"Listen, you have to cut the gate cord in Towa-sama's house," Mumei said.

"Well, how do I find it?" I asked

"You'll find it easily, just cut it," Mumei said.

I spent a while looking for it, and then I found a cord, so I immediately slashed it.

"I did it!" I said

"Alright, now you should be able to come here," Mumei said.

"Alright!" I said as I left the house, going towards the gate.

I was oddly excited; it felt as if I hadn't seen Mumei in an entire year.