Imperfect World

Zeta pov: Ela put me down suddenly, trying to make me walk on my own, "Pick me up again beb!" I yelled

"You can walk Zeta..." Ela said, but I shook my head.

"No, I can't!" I whined

"Fine..." Ela said, sweeping me off my feet and staring at me carrying me bridal style, "I'll carry you then." She whispered

My face grew red from embarrassment I liked it, but I was too shocked to say anything about the way I was being carried. My heart skipped a beat from her acting like this.

"You two are really close," Kronii said.

"Thank you for noticing, Kronii-senpai." Ela said, "You and Mumei-senpai are close too." She continued to say

I was happy that I could get with someone like Ela, someone like me who couldn't really do many things right. All I knew was my job, and that's all I had for years, so this was a nice change of pace.

I killed so many people in the past that I kind of regret that, but Mumei-senpai made me realize that I shouldn't have remorse because I was raised as a stone-cold killer. I had nothing else to go off of anyways.

Kobo and Ela were the best things that happened to me I care for Kobo and I want to protect her, but she seems so far out of reach recently.

Kobo was still like a child, though she mentally wasn't ready for the big leagues of council, yet she somehow got in. I am proud of her, but also wanted to watch her since she was practically a little sister to me.

I really wanted to respect the council's decision to hire her, but at the same time, I didn't get why they would. Mumei seemed to have no clue, but since Kobo is with Fauna-senpai, I feel more relieved.

Since she is one of Mumei-senpai's fiancés, she was more trustworthy than anyone else. Despite that, I was still a tiny bit worried about Kobo since she was still unfamiliar with so many things.

My job as a freelance secret agent was to protect the world from evil; anyone I saw as evil would be killed by me, but only if I was hired by someone; after all, I needed money.

This world is corrupt. Though a world with no conflict would be perfect for Kobo, I don't want her to be tainted by the imperfection of some of the world. She was too pure to be exposed to this world.

"Ela, hold me tighter!" I begged. She looked down at me and had a big grin on her face.

"I don't want to Zeta," she said, slyly loosening the grip she had on me.

"Noo!" I watched as she silently laughed to herself.

She suddenly tightened her grip, making me jump a little, "there you go, beb happy?" She questioned

I quickly nodded in response. She was so nice to me for doing this.

"Mumei-senpai, I wish I could shift into an animal!" I said softly Ela tilted her head.

"But you are a cat..." She said I rapidly shook my head.

"I'm a secret agent!" I shouted

"So you are su-" I cut Kronii-senpai off before she could say that horrid three-letter word, the one that still haunts my nightmares till this day.

I never had any good dreams, only nightmares. I went to bed daily knowing I could die at any point. That was horrifying. I know Ela should be more afraid of that than I, but it's the opposite.

I didn't want to die and leave Ela without me because she was the person I cared about the most, and I didn't want to leave her sad in my eventual death.

I wanted Ela to be happy forever, but it was a shame that the world wouldn't allow it because there was too much dangerous work to do. It sucked. I wish I could just retire and live the rest of my days with Ela, but we couldn't afford that.

I really hated the constant struggle for money since we needed it to pay for everything. Our bills were through the roof since we lived in the mountains.

I wanted a nice view and it's a good place for Ela to do her blacksmith work, so it was a win-win for both of us. However, it was expensive to get a big enough place in the mountains for both our needs.

We also wanted a more secluded location for greater privacy, so we could do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted, and have plenty of alone time until we had clients, of course.

It really sucked when things got heated and then someone showed up and bothered us. The amount of times I was interrupted as I was taking her shirt off pissed me off. We couldn't even get intimate without distractions. It's as if the world was trying to stop us.

I want a world where we never get interrupted. We could do everything we want. There would be time for Ela to work and time for her to spend time with me I wanted that to be my ideal world.

Also, a world where I didn't have to work in such dangerous scenarios since I didn't want to get hurt at all.

I just wanted the world to have no conflict. That's the world Mumei-senpai wants. That's the world we all need.

Of course, there are some faults in a world
like that, but even if it's unethical, I want that world. It doesn't matter if there are people that don't want it, they wouldn't remember it as they would be living in their perfect world.

A word with no hate or conflict, just love and happiness. Everyone's dreams would come true and we could all live happily ever after.

All things must come to an end, and I wanted this reality to be first.