Full Devotion

Kiara pov: I caught up with Mumei, who told me Reine had left early. I noticed she was strangley happy about that and giggled, so I bit the bullet and asked why she was so happy.

"Reine seems to have reliable friends, I hope she has a good time" she said. I still thought Mumei was acting weird, so I put my hand to her forehead to see if she had a fever.

"What are you doing?" She asked, pulling my arm away from her forehead.

"You are just acting really nice to us." I said. Mumei just showed me a wholesome smile.

"We are pretty much family, so why wouldn't I be nice?" she said. I awed because that was so cute, but she immediately changed tones and her eyes shot daggers into me.

"Kiara, you should go talk to some of the council members or the servants," Mumei suggested.

I decided I may as well scan
the room quickly and noticed a pink-haired girl walking into the room. She had stars plastered in her hair. She reminded me of that Hoshimachi Suisei girl but more mature in a sense.

"Who is that?" I asked Mumei. She looked to where I was pointing and sighed,

"That's Anemachi, Suisei's older sister. For some reason, she's permitted to come here whenever she so pleases." She groaned in annoyance. She told me not to give them any attention and for me to just have fun.

"Kiara, I heard you had a quarrel with Calli, but you should just make up. I miss you." Bae whined as she walked up to us.

Despite my anger towards Calli, I can't be mad at Bae. She's just too cute. She always loved and respected me. She never tried to kill me either. I feel like I have grown a sisterly bond with her.

"I'll only forgive her if she proves to me she is truly sorry for the abuse she has put me through." I told Bae. She looked saddened, but she nodded. I could tell she was hoping we would make up.

Bae went to go hunt for Calli, but I knew she wasn't going to come. She was too selfish to do so. Her apology would just be a false one. Her words mean nothing if they don't benefit her.

"Kiara, you don't have to forgive her. She just wants to make amends with you. " Mumei said I was still questioning why she was acting like this all of a sudden.

We were silent for a few minutes, but Mumei started talking. I watched her clench her fist so hard she started to bleed.

"Kiara, I've done things I regret now. Things I can never go back on. I don't want you to be full of regret." She sincerely said. I felt my heart skip a beat when I heard her words.

"Mumei!" Gura and Ina called out. I noticed Mumei's expression change as two girls approached her.

"What are you two doing here? I thought I gave you the-" Mumei cut herself off before she could finish her sentence. The two of them just laughed.

"You did give us the day off, however, we wanted to help look for Kiara." Gura said. Mumei just sighed.

"You weren't supposed to tell people you get days off," she grumbled.

"Hold on, why are you looking for me?" I asked. They didn't need to answer because Calli ran towards me as soon as our eyes met.

"Kiara!" Calli called out to me. I was going to run but Mumei stopped me.

"The two of you meeting is fate. Let this play out." she said. I bit my lip as Calli got closer and closer. I was going to hear her out.

Calli started to grovel. Her head touched the ground. I heard the sounds of her tears hitting the ground as she started to speak.

"Kiara, I'm sorry for everything I have done to you!" She cried, I gritted my teeth in anger. She probably didn't even know what she had done

"Calli, bring my parents back..." I said she looked confused, so I said it again "Bring my fucking parents back!" I yelled Mumei looked at me with a sorrowful glance.

"I'm all alone. Just like you said, you have a real family, Calli!" I yelled

Mumei and the others had become my family, but they weren't blood related to me. Calli actually has a loving mother, father, and sisters she can rely on. I had nothing.

"Kiara I can't do that..." Calli said her voice was full of anguish. Her suffering filled me with life for some reason.

I lifted my shirt, revealing the huge scar on my abdomen that was left by her scythe. "Heal my scar then, get rid of this hideous mark you've left on my body!" I yelled. I knew Calli couldn't do that either.

"Kiara, if you truly can't forgive me, I'll commit seppuku." I deserve to suffer like you have! " Calli yelled over her tears. My eyes widened in shock. I was speechless.

I watched her grab her scythe and line it up perfectly. She got ready to plunge the blade into herself.

"Calli stop!" I screamed. "Just leave me alone; that's all I want!" I yelled as tears streamed down my face. Calli whipped the tears from her face and screamed back.

"Kiara, even if you hate me, I will love you till the end of time," she yelled back at me. Those words made me laugh.

"You said it yourself, Calli. You hate me and you always will. I have no reason to believe you! " I growled.

"I was in a drunken stupor for four months. I couldn't get you out of my mind. I've missed you too much! " Calli whined, I just scoffed at her.

"It's too late, Calli. I moved on. I can't trust you with my love. You'll break my heart again. Your words are just blank statements. The only ones that hold true are the ones filled with hate." I said she started walking towards me making me hesitate a bit.

"I will prove my love to you some other way." She threw her scythe to the side, making me let my guard down.

She sped up a bit until we were mere inches away from each other. She slightly lunged forward. I was startled by her movement, and then I was in complete shock as our lips connected.

I tried to move away but she pulled me into an embrace. She pushed more trying to press our lips together as much as she could. My heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest as Calli stole my first kiss from me. She gently licked my lips asking for entry and I obliged. She didn't give me much of a choice in the matter. I didn't even have time to breath but she deepened the kiss, letting me share her breath while she pulled me even closer to her. After what felt like an eternity, she finally pulled away from me letting out a sigh

I love you, so please listen to what I have to say. " Calli pleaded. I was at a loss for words. I saw Calli rummaging through her clothes until she pulled out a ring.

"Kiara, I want to do things right this time, so please marry me!" She blurted it out, shocking everyone.

Mumei giggled at the scene that was now playing out. All she could say was that things were getting interesting.