Rat Within Council

Mumei pov:I went to Bae's room and tried the door. Luckily it was unlocked. I entered the room and looked around. Her room was a mess. She really needs to clean up her act.

"Omegaα, what am I looking for again I forgot?" I wondered since I was waiting for them to respond.

"Four energy cubes I'll tell you what they're for once you find them. " She explained to me

I looked around all the drawers in this room, finding nothing, so I looked inside the closest, immediately finding all four cubes.

"What are these for?" I asked.

"These were my fail safes. Just in case council failed, I would trap the other four in these and then delete them from existence," Omegaα explained.

"Why did Bae have them?" I asked.

"She was planning on using them against you!" Omegaα told me

"You're lying! Bae wouldn't do such a thing!" I shouted

"Are you so sure?" Omegaα asked as she began to fill my head with memories that Bae had about how she was going to eliminate all of council.

"See Mumei, I'm the hero here. I can spare all of the council. All you have to do is dispose of the two-faced rat," Omegaα explained to me

Two-faced rat I thought to myself, she definitely is a rat, but I don't know about two-faced, she was sonthing but I didn't want to say that since she is my friend.

"What about Irys?" I asked.

"Oh, I hope she is kind of needed," Omegaα said.

"Call me Mumei." I said, not wanting to part from that name.

"Fine Mumei...." She said that it was better.

"Omegaα I won't kill the council. This is some trick to get me to turn on the others. "I sighed

"Mumei, if I wanted your friends dead, I would have killed them," Omega explained.

That was true. None of the pathetic mortals could compare. However, Kiara, Ina, Gura, and Zeta may be able to beat me Kronii and Fauna could at least try to talk me out of things, but they don't want to fight me Reine isn't strong enough to fight me Bae and Sana had a chance.

"You know, you're giving Bae too much credit..." Omegaα said, making her sound like a weakling.

"You are right about that." I sighed I was definitely giving her too much credit, but Sana would destroy me.

Irys was not strong enough, but when it's like five versus one, of course I'm going to lose, but the fact that they almost lost against me the first time doesn't always talk me down.

"Mumei, this is the most you've ever thought..." Omegaα said

I giggled. "I forgot we share mental planes, so you hear my thoughts."

"You are me." Omegaα said, but I wasn't sure about that. I'm Nanashi Mumei, not the vessel for you. I'm the host of you

Omega seemed to accept my defiance, and she seemed to have humbled a little. She didn't want to kill all of Council, just Bae, because they had little to no use for Bae at this point.

"Look Mumei, promise me you'll side with me in the end," Omega said.

"I don't know..." I said back, since Omega
did try to kill my family,

I really didn't want to hurt anyone, but if Bae really was a two-faced rat, I wouldn't hesitate to kill her.

"Meimei, what are you doing?" Sana asked.

"I'm just thinking about things..." I sighed.

"Meimei well if you want to kill Bae just say so" Sana laughed I looked at her in shock

"How do you know..." I questioned.

"Well, sooner or later you were going to find out what Bae was going to do to you." Sana sighed.

So Omega was right Maybe Bae was trying to kill me, but maybe she didn't have time to do so, but I wondered why. Maybe it's because Calli called her to leave too early.

"Sana, are you serious about that?" I asked. She nodded.

"She only changed her mind after all of us yelled at her for that idea, including Irys," Sana explained.

It was nice to know that some of them were still on my side Bae seemed to be the only one that wasn't and that was funny to me. She was just a rat though, so of course she felt threatened by me, but I found that funny.

Why can't we all be on equal terms at once? I thought Bae was inferior to me besides when Omega took over anyways, but I do feel some pride that I'm the vessel and not Bae, meaning she was an afterthought.

I thought about smashing the cubes and them just mocking Bae as soon as she got back since I snuffed out her plan, but that was too much since I may need those cubes in the future just in case someone tries to kill me in the future.

I was hoping I wouldn't need them, but since Omega wanted me to retrieve them, I knew that wasn't the case; it could just be to ensure Omega's safety; if I die, Omega won't be able to interact with this realm without physically coming here, so she wants to have me there just in case.

Sooner or later, Omega was getting to council. I could sense it and I could read her thoughts. The doomsday timer was ticking. The only way to save us all was if I talked Omega out of this, but I had no reason to do so.

Omega's wishes are ones that I still want to grant, even if they go against mine. She granted me life, so I am in debt to her at least a bit.

"Sana, are you okay with me being Omega's vessel?" I asked.

"Meimei, of course I am your friend," Sana said.

Times like these are moments when I am happy that I have friends like Sana. Someone I can always rely on