Entering the Lion's Den

Kiara pov: "Be careful here, we're in the lion's domain now," Mumei stated.

"Why do we have to worry?" Zeta asked.

"We have so many birds here, we are a light snack for lions," Mumei said.

"Don't worry, Mumei, we'll be fine!" I said

That's what I thought in reality. I was extremely worried about the other reality For some reason, Zeta seemed excited to see lions, and she pretended to know a specific lion.

Suddenly, I heard a gunshot. As blood dripped down my arm, as a bullet lodged in my arm, I slowly began to heal, but it hurt like hell.

"What the hell!" Zeta yelled as a shadowy figure shot out of the forest and slashed her across the face.

"Be careful!" Kaela yelled as she immediately tended to Zeta's wounds.

The other Zeta was smiling. She was excited by whoever was attacking us For the time being, Reine and the others made sure to keep themselves hidden.

The shadow figure attacked Mumei, but she blocked the attack, hitting her with a counter. However, we still weren't able to see who was attacking me.

"Who are you!?" A woman snarled,

"I'm Nanashi Mumei. I'm here with Takanashi Kiara, Vestia Zetas, and a few others," Mumei said.

"Mumei, stand down!" The other Zeta yelled.

"She doesn't seem that tough," Zeta stated as she prepared to fight.

"You don't understand, she's Shishiro Botan, one of the strongest girls in my universe," the other Zeta stated.

"You know me?" "Botan stated in confusion."

"Yes I do, but I'm not from this universe," the other Zeta said.

"Ahhh interdimensional travel, eh?" Botan giggled.

"You understand that?" "I said in shock."

"Why wouldn't I? It's simple math. " Botan said

"Wait, so can you help us!?" Mumei asked.

"No, why would I?" Botan asked.

"Is there anything you want? We'll get you it!" Mumei said

"I want to get with the woman I love, Yukihana Lamy, and I want a fresh Watame," Botan said.

"We can't get those things..." I whispered to Mumei

"And we can't afford to fool around with the timestream..." Mumei sighed.

She did have a point; we needed to send the other dimensions Zeta back home, we can't afford to keep opening portals We needed to know what dimension we needed to find in order to send her back.

"Where is Lamy located?" I asked.

"Lamy-chan is taking refuge in a nearby cottage." Botan stated

"Kiara and Lui-nee, let's take to the skies to find the cottage." Mumei sighed.

We all shifted into bird form and flew up into the sky, scouring the area. We couldn't find anything.

We circled the entire area but there was no cottage to be seen, so we thought to check a little farther out and there it was at the top of the mountain, which was where we were going anyway.

It was a little odd that there were lions on this mountain, but I wasn't going to question it further. I saw a blue-haired girl outside just lounging. This had to be Yukihana Lamy.

We found her, but now we needed to all travel up there.

"Botan we've found Yukihana Lamy," I stated.

"I'm sorry I can't go with you," Botan said.

"Why not?" Mumei asked.

"I can't leave the pack..." Botan said

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Of course not!" Botan giggled "Let's go!" She stated

We made our way up the mountain. It would have been faster if we could fly, but not everyone here has the ability to. Even though Subaru-senpai and Reine are birds, they can't fly. In Subaru-senpai's case, she couldn't fly for long.

None of us were tired from climbing anyway. Luna was being carried by Subaru-senpai, Chloe-chan was pacing herself quite well, and Kaela had a lot of stamina.

Even if she ran out, I'm sure Zeta had enough power to lift her up into the air and carry her, so it was okay.

I noticed that as we climbed higher and higher, it began getting colder. Usually I can't feel the cold due to me being a Phoenix, but this was such a drastic change in temperature that I noticed it immediately.

"Brrrr... w-why is it so c-cold?" Chloe asked

"Lamy-chan has ice magic," Botan stated.

"Wait, is she a snow elf?" Mumei asked.

"Yes she is," Botan said.

"That's interesting, you are really interesting to me," I said.

Botan giggled at that statement. She was so carefree, I couldn't believe that she was so happy all the time.

She must have no negative thoughts She must travel to achieve perfect Zen and achieve her true powers.

I couldn't feel her, but I can tell you that beneath the surface is an all-powerful woman, stronger than any of us, and possibly stronger than Mumei.

If that was the case, then I was terrified of her. She was strong enough to make Zeta and Mumei think they needed to go serious right off the bat.

What was Shishiro Botan capable of? I wondered if she was stronger than the council, could she even beat Omega?

If we had to fight, I am worried that I would lose. She just seemed tough and it's the fact that she's so calm that makes me shake in my boots more than if she had a menacing presence.

I saw she had a gun too, which confused me, but she seemed like a good markswoman. I really wanted to test her abilities. Maybe at some point I could train with her.

"How old are you?" I asked Botan

"You don't need to know..." Botan stated

"In my universe, she is Botan-senpai to us," the other Zeta claimed.

So she is our superior. That worried me more just how strong she really is. I really hoped to see it soon now. Not that I wanted to be in any trouble today, but then again, what could possibly happen to us