Civilization's Servants

Calli pov: The two girls stared at me. I started feeling nervous. The two girls didn't talk. It felt like an eternity before someone finally spoke up

"We don't mind when Mumei is around; we actually enjoy it." Ina said I watched her use one of her tentals to grab a tea cup and bring it towards her so she could drink it. I was astonished. I looked at Gura to hear her opinion.

"Mumei is truly caring, but she's hard on herself. She usually does all the work herself to lower our burden." Gura sighed, leaning on her arm, "but enough about that. Who are you?" Gura asked me I panicked, realizing I hadn't introduced myself yet.

I'm Calliope Mori, but you can call me Calli. I'm the reaper's first apprentice! I shouted, and the two glared at me, not impressed.

"Well, who do you serve?" Gura asked me if she seemed skeptical about me. I was about to answer, but Ame butted in,

"Calli is with Irys. She technically isn't a servant though. " She said I could feel the two girls' trust in me waver as soon as they heard I'm pretty much a free spirit and not bound to anyone in council.

"Calli is Bae's older sister and, apparently, she's Irys's soon to be sister-in-law." Ame said Ina was still skeptical of me, but Gura seemed to trust Ame completely. Ame sat next to Gura and slightly leant on her shoulder. They seemed close, but I didn't want to bring it up

Ame poured me a glass of tea and patted the seat next to her, inviting me to sit down. "Calli, you should just relax. I'll talk to Kiara later. " I nodded in agreement as I took a sip of the tea.

"I prefer alcohol." I sighed, missing the feeling of being drunk. It was the only thing that could wash my sorrow away.

"Calli, you can't just drink your problems away." Ame sighed with a crestfallen expression. "You should just apologize to Kiara if you miss her that much." She added, trying to help me overcome my sadness.

I thought about it and knew she was right. I should apologize to her, but I didn't want to give her the wrong idea. It's not like I always loved her since our first meeting or anything. I just liked her presence in the underworld. She lightened my mood.

"I don't think I'm ready to talk to her just yet." I groaned, stretching a bit, hoping I would gain more confidence soon. Gura and Ina looked at me in astonishment. I saw their gazes were pointed at my chest.

"My eyes are up here..." I quietly growled as the two continued to stare at my chest.

"Are those things heavy?" Ina asked me, cocking her head to the side to get a better look.

"Not really, are your tentacles heavy?" I said, trying to cover up my breasts so Ina couldn't look. However, I couldn't stop Gura from gawking at them.

"Gura, stop it!" I yelled once I saw the shark girl trying to touch my chest. I saw Ame glare at Gura like she wasn't happy about what she just tried to pull.

"I'm sorry Watson, I'm just so curious about a big chest though." Gura grunted. Ame just let out a huge sigh and unbuttoned her shirt, revealing a huge chest.

"Wait, I thought you were flat like the other two!" I said in amazement. Ame just laughed while the other two sulked in the corner.

"Gura, you may conduct research on me, but no touching." Ame whispered, getting closer to Gura, whose face was now redder than a cherry. "Shut up, Watson!" Gura exclaimed, scurrying away from the blonde girl.

"I'm sorry, Gura. " Ame giggled, turning away from her so she could exit the room. "Calli and I are going to go meet up with the others. Want to come? " She asked the other two to nod, standing up so they could follow.

Ame told me I was going without even asking if I wanted to do so, but I paid no mind to that. I was too worried about what Kiara would say about my apology. Would she even listen to me?

I got up and followed closely behind everyone else. I didn't feel obligated to take the lead since I was new here. I pulled Gura back because I wanted to ask a few questions about Mumei.

"You seem fond of Mumei, but aren't you her servant? Hasn't your free will been stripped away? She can't be a humane boss. "I said, Gura thought about how to answer me and began to speak.

"We are servants, and Mumei properly compensates us; we don't work for no fee." Gura told me, but I couldn't imagine Mumei being that nice. All I could think about was her malice-filled aura.

"Mumei probably is the fairest of all the councils." Ina pitched in Ame rummaged through her pocket and pulled out a small pocket watch.

"All Kronii has given me is the ability to time travel." Ame laughed. She acted like that wasn't a huge deal.

"Do you two get special abilities?" I asked Gura and Ina a question because nothing could be better than time travel.

"Mumei has Time and Nature fawning over her. Space and Chaos pretty much serve her. We are pretty much at the top of the chain. We don't need special powers." Gura said I never would have thought Mumei had that much power over council

Not that I knew much. I had just recently found out my little sister was the head of council. She was considered one of the strongest beings in the universe. I had no idea she was that important. I hadn't seen her in months, so we never had that bonding experience. I still need to learn about her engagement too.

I was caught up in my thoughts but was broken out by Ame speaking to me. "We are here, Calli. You know what to do from here." she said as the three girls entered the room without me.

I gulped, nervous about what was to come. I had to find Kiara and I had to apologize, despite it sounding simple. I walked into the room knowing this was going to be far from easy.