Gathering Hope

Irys pov: Mumei gave me a proposition I gathered everyone's hopes and desires into one mass and gave it to her. In exchange, I got a spot on the new council. That kind of sounded ominous, but Bae wouldn't let me join the normal council, so I needed this.

Mumei also told me not to tell Bae I was doing this, and if she found out and asked, I would tell her that I was just inspecting other people's hopes and dreams for work since I am hope after all.

I didn't know what everyone wanted since I haven't really done this before and doing this put a mass strain on my body. However, I didn't care as long as I got a spot in council. I don't care. That's what I always wanted. Getting into council is my goal.

Bae was always curious about what I was doing, but I had to ignore her because she definitely would not be opposed to whatever Mumei wanted due to trust issues

I had to gather everyone's hopes, no exceptions, besides who Mumei wrote down on a sheet of paper. Whoever was on that wasn't getting their hopes and dreams taken by me.

There was one name on it that you wouldn't expect to be on it, but I shook it off just ignoring the lack of that person. I just began extracting hope from everyone. I knew that for the time being, that would make people a shell of themselves and possibly be a bad thing if it was gone for too long.

"Phew, this is exhausting..." I panted, biting down on my lip.

"What is it?" Bae asked.

"This job is done," I said.

"For Mumei?" Bae asked.

"No for Kronii!" I told her.

"Why would Kronii want people's hopes and dreams?" Bae asked, telling me she was going to check and see if she was a traitor.

She left the room and sighed in relief. I couldn't believe that she believed that I was sweating buckets there. I was not calm at all yet she believed it was Kronii or did she?

I looked behind me and saw her sitting behind a garbage can. She really wasn't hiding. Well, I walked over and grabbed her, throwing her out of the room.

"I have to hurry this up." I sighed since Bae was skeptical about me all of a sudden. I didn't get why

I began to absorb everything again I liked seeing all the hope flying towards me Mumei gave me a little containment thingy to contain all the hopes within. This thing had a big holding capacity.

So big, in fact, that I could fit all the universe's hopes in here and still have room to spare; I figured Mumei would want to do the entire universe anyway, so that's what I was going to do.

I didn't want to let her down even though I didn't know what she had planned for the future. Apparently, Fauna was also involved in this plan. Next will be Koronii, I'm sure.

Bae has no involvement in this plan whatsoever besides the fact that she exists. Sana was also needed Mumei did need space to be manipulated; that was the final thing she needed.

Nature, Time, Space, I hope they were all needed for whatever Mumei had planned, but the lack of chaos was what really intrigued me. Why would she leave Bae out of this?

I then realized what her plan was. I wasn't opposed to this, but I knew that some people definitely would be. After all, Bae lives in Chaos, so she wouldn't accept this plan.

Mumei was trying to save everyone and keep evil in check. She thinks this is the least the council can do for the world after they've neglected it for so many years.

She really was a kind soul, but she also had a sense of darkness within her which she wanted to purge with her plan.

"I'm almost done..." I said quietly, looking up to see Bae in the air duct. I jumped up and ripped it off, causing her to fall to the ground.

"Bae, since you are so nosy, I may as well keep you here while I finish the job for Fauna," I said.

"Wait, I thought it was for Kronii..." Bae said

"Yes! It's for both of them! " "I said frantically

"Stop lying!" Bae yelled

I sighed She knew I was lying and there wasn't much I could do about that, but she couldn't figure out the plan.

"Fine, it's for Mumei. She wants to make everyone's wishes come true." I sighed.

"Wait, really?" Bae said, leaving the room satisfied with that.

I started laughing. I never told Bae how Mumei was going to do that. I told her one percent of the plan.

I did feel bad about having to hide everything from Bae, but it was best if she didn't know I was going to make it up to her. After the dust has settled, I will take her out to eat something.

We'd be married, after all, so we would do things as a married couple. I honestly couldn't wait until then.

My dream is to be loved unconditionally by Bae forever and ever, so if I want it to come true, then Bae needs to stay out of my way for now.

"Are you done, Irys?" Mumei asked.

"Nice timing, I just finished," I said, handing her the device.

"Thank you, Irys!" She said, smiling a bit.

"Will I be on the new council?" I asked.

"Yeah, you will have six members in the council, a nice even number." She laughed.

I smiled back "I guess I should find Bae then." I said I was going to look for her. Momei decided to follow since she personally wanted to ask Bae what she wanted.

I never even thought about the fact that Mumei never came back with Zeta, yet I never questioned who I was talking to.