Blacksmith's Heart

Kaela pov: "Hey Kobo, do you think Zeta loves me?" I asked Kobo, tilting her head in confusion.

"Why do you ask?" She questioned I let out an agonizing sigh.

"She seems like she's so infatuated with Mumei-senpai," I sighed Kobo shook her head.

"She loves you, I know she does," Kobo said, reassuring me, but for some reason, I had doubts.

"Today is our anniversary..." I said Kobo glared at me as she got a huge grin.

"You are chatty today, Kaela." Kobo said happily, "This probably was the most I have ever talked to her."

"I just have a lot on my mind," I mumbled. She just began to laugh.

"You worry too much, Kaela." She giggled I didn't think I was worrying too much. I didn't even think about what to get her.

"I didn't even get a gift..." I said somberly Kobo began to sigh.

"You don't need to give her a gift." I didn't need to get her a gift, but I wanted to. She was the girl I loved so much, the person I wanted to be with forever and I didn't know what to get her. I'm so stupid.

"Kaela, she'll like whatever you get her!" Kobo stated that I doubted that she definitely wouldn't want a tool or a book.

"Maybe she wants a gun," I said. Kobo seemed to think that was a decent idea, but what gun doesn't Zeta have? She's a secret agent, so she is used to handling guns and heavy weaponry.

"Maybe she wants a bomb!" Kobo said I wasn't so sure about that.

All I had was a locket of the two of us from back on our first date. That seemed so cheesy, though I didn't want to be generic and give her something like that, despite it being all that I had.

"Doesn't Zeta love milk? Let her have some of yours." Kobo suggested she made me flustered.

"W-what?" I said this in confusion because her words always managed to surprise me so much that half the time I had no idea what Kobo was talking about.

"Well, Kaela, it's nice talking, but I've been holding in a huge shit, so I'll talk to you later." Kobo said, running into the other room.

As soon as she left, I remembered why I don't usually talk to Kobo. She's always in the bathroom for some reason. I have never met anyone like her.

I needed to come up with a gift fast, something flashy and eccentric. The only person like that I know is Reine, but she may be too flashy for me. She's beautiful. I may fall for her if I'm around her too long.

Moona was out of the question since she barely has dating experience. Same goes for Anya since she's a sword and Olivia, well, I don't need to specify anything for her. Oliva is just another breed of unhelpful

Then again, I don't know why I thought Kobo would be a good person to consult with since she has the mental state of a child, so her input genuinely didn't have much substance.

I couldn't ask Mumei-senpai what she thought Zeta would like since she isn't here right now and is with Zeta, so I was all out of options I guess I could try to contact Risu, but she's probably eating nuts right now and doesn't want to talk to me and I accept it.

The fact that my best two options seemed to be either to call Olivia or go to Reine was concerning to me. Both ideas seemed absolutely abysmal, but calling Olivia was the worse option.

I decided that my best option had to be Moona or Mumei, but both had flaws. There were no similarities between Zeta and Moona, and there was no way Mumei-senpai wouldn't tell Zeta about our plan if I called her.

I looked around for Moona but she was nowhere to be found. All I could do was wait for her, but I didn't have much time to waste since this was practically the end of the time I had before Zeta came back for our anniversary.

I wasn't expecting much to happen today since we aren't really the romantic type. I just wanted to hear her call me Beb and kiss me and then maybe we would go to bed and do some other stuff behind closed doors, but that was just a distant dream.

"Okay Kaela, I'm back," Kobo said, sitting down across from me.

To be completely honest, her being around didn't really help me. If I'm being honest, she stressed me even more because she made me begin to question my love for Zeta. To be completely honest, I have been projecting on me for awhile now.

With being out of options, the best choice was to give her the locket. No matter how cliche or bad the gift is, it is a memory of our first date. We were younger back then, and we shared our first kiss on this date, so it is very sentimental to us.

Then again, if Zeta didn't like it, then I'd just look like an idiot that forgot her anniversary and tried to make up for it by getting a terrible gift.

"Kaela, calm down!" Kobo shouted as she noticed that I was beginning to hyperventilate I was so nervous about our relationship crumbling before me

"Zeta will love you no matter what Ela says," Kobo said again, but I didn't want to hear that from her. I wanted Zeta to tell me that my darling beb that I loved so much was

I had to wait and see if she would accept the gift. The longer I waited, the more and more nervous I got. I was expecting her to come back any time now and for her voice to echo through the room. I was beginning to zone out when I finally heard her voice.

It was almost time for us to meet again.