Glass Dome

Gura pov: "This makes no sense..." I said as I tapped on what would usually be a bubble dome over Alantis. Thus was glass.

"Gura, is it usually like this?" Watson asked.

"No..." I said

"Usually it's a bubble, so we can let water in and out, but glass doesn't work like that," Ina said.

"It's like a bubble, so is it puffy?" Sana asked.

"Ina way, yes," Ina said before laughing a bit.

It took me a bit to understand what she was laughing at. I glared at her, realizing her pun.

"Shut up, don't laugh, we'll be caught..." I sighed.

"Don't be a stick in the mud...." Ina said

"I'm not a stick in the mud..." I said
"Gura, don't get riled up," Watson said.

She didn't want me to make any noise, which made sense to me, but I was worried about my mother. I didn't know where she was and I didn't want to rule.

"Gura, do you think life is better for us in other universes like that one Zeta is from?" Ame asked.

"Not every world is sunshine and rainbows..." I said

"Look, maybe in that other universe you don't suck as a detective..." Ina said

Sana glared at the three of us. We all knew she wanted us to shut up before we started saying things that may have messed up the world more than usual. I looked up and noticed that the flood gate was opening. Alantis was going to be filled with water.

This wasn't good It was needed but Sana and Watson wouldn't be able to handle this. I didn't want them to drown. This wasn't good. We could take refuge in a building but they'd be hunting or would they?
All of us need water at some point, so maybe we'd be able to hide inside for about a few hours.

"Watson, let's take refuge somewhere," I suggested.

"Why?" Ame asked.

I pointed to the floodgates and she nodded. We snuck into one of the houses as the gages opened and water flooded Alantis.
We now had to stay here because everyone was now outside and only Ina and I could breath, so we needed to stay put.

We knew that if we made any sound we could be found, so we tried to be as quiet as we could, despite the fact that we weren't going to be heard in here.

"Gura, I'd like to look into you..."Watson said

Was the pressure making her delirious? I wondered if she was just a regular human, not a goddess or possessed by the ancient ones, when she was just a regular human.

"Watson breath..." I said she was hyperventilating.

I plugged her nose and leaned in to kiss her. I was going to let her share my breath since she was panicking.

"G-gwwa!" She said, while muffled. I pulled away, noticing her red face.

"I'm sorry..." I said I didn't know if she was going to come to
She smiled and hugged me She definitely felt safer with me.

"Sana, can we go back to council?" Ina asked.

"Not yet..." Sana said.

I wasn't going to go until my mother was found, so I assumed Watson felt the same. I wanted her to go, but she wouldn't.

Sana understood that we'd stay no matter what, so she couldn't ditch us here. If she did, we'd probably die or be captured Sana was our moral support. She was keeping us level-headed, which was good at this time.
We needed to approach things smartly. We couldn't make dumb moves. We had to sneak around and be stealthy.

I actually had an idea that maybe if Ina somehow went into her full tako form, maybe no one would recognize her, although that would be dumb.

There was a knock at the door, so all of us fell silent. We saw the doorknob slowly open as someone appeared. Ina immediately shot a tentacle out, stopping the person from speaking, and quickly knocked them out, closing the door behind her.

"This is annoying I don't want to be in hiding. Ina sighed.

"It's only for a little while," Sana said softly

Yeah, this could be for the rest of our lives, and who knows if we'd ever get out of it if my mother wasn't even in Alantis anymore.
Wait, she could be in the mystical forest now, but how would we know? We can't talk to anyone to see if she left at any point or not. Or was she run out?

Maybe these people wanted to force me into being Queen. I didn't want to be Queen, though they needed to get that through their thick skulls.

Me being Queen is the equivalent of Ame being a good detective. It wasn't going to happen ever since neither of us are good

"You have mentally insulted me," Watson said.

I shook my head lying to her face. She didn't need to know that. I wasn't going to tell her that I was lying to her face. She could probably figure that out anyway.
We always insulted each other. We were practically linked mentally too. We shared the same braincells.

I noticed I could lift up a floor board in this house, so I did so and it revealed a secret passage.

I decided to go down there since everyone else did. There was a tunnel. I followed it, wondering where it came out too. I was confused when it just stopped.
But thinking about it, I could hear that it was somewhere near my mother's, so maybe the tunnel was partially filled back up. That would make sense.

I definitely could see someone filling this back up after they kidnapped my mother or maybe they buried her. I really hoped that wasn't the case.

I had Ina use her tentacles to dig and Sana made a mini black hole to suck up dirt. When they were done, they revealed a hole. I hear Mumei found tunnels in the council, so it was our turn to explore.