Awaiting Hope

Bae pov: I stared at Irys who was still passed out I couldn't believe she slipped on blood and hit her head that was the lamest way she could have gotten into this condition then again she did fight Omegaα until the very end so I can't complain

Gura was tending to Ame frantically. She definitely wanted to make sure her condition didn't worsen. The only one that seemed to be waking up was Mumei, who moved multiple times.

"Aren't you worried about Irys?" Gura asked. I shook my head.

"Why would I be worried about someone like her?" I asked.

Gura looked at me dumbfounded. "Is this a weird way for you to cope?" She asked. I shook my head again.

"I'm not sad. Irys will be fine." I sighed, holding onto her hand gently.

"It doesn't seem like you aren't sad." Gura said slyly I genuinely wanted to hit her for calling me out like this

"Are you sad about Amelia?" I was upset by this conversation.

"Yes, why do you think I'm here, Bae?" Gura shouted, practically in tears.

I probably shouldn't have gone there Gura was clearly distraught. This was hard on both of us At least Kiara at least has Calli, while Gura and I have no one. Ina is off with Sana, so at least they're all happy.

I gazed over at Mumei, who had sat up, but she was still unconscious. I was expecting her to wake up any moment, but it never happened. She was still out of it.

I went over to her and hugged her before laying her down again I knew she didn't want any of this to happen. It is a shame she was the vessel/apostle for Omegaα. This was the destiny she was gracefully given by life.

I didn't understand why we were made if we were so easily disposable despite that I knew I wasn't about to throw away our opportunity to prove to Omegaα that we are useful and aren't just dead weight

According to the report given by Kiara, Mumei didn't disappear; she is still there and she became her own person. She's not just a vessel; she's our friend and, in her case, family. I couldn't kill her even if I wanted to. I've grown too attached.

Omegaα did have a point too. The council has done nothing. On the one hand, Mumei was the only one doing her job, but on the other hand, she was programmed that way. Civilization needs to be managed It's Omega's method of dealing with society's outcasts.

Even if the council was useless, we had to prove to Omegaα that we could do our jobs, or else what was the point of all of this and fighting for prominence? We had to do it or else we'd be putting ourselves down.

"G-gura, where am I?" Ame said, groggily waking up, she was immediately hugged by Gura "Your hoodie smells like sweaty fish..." she said, pushing her away.

"Shut up Watson..." Gura said, hugging her again I could see she was relieved by her finally waking up. Now all that was left was Irys and Mumei.

It's been hours since the fight with Omegaα yet only one person has woken up from that, and it was Ame, someone who had it worse than Irys. She is still gravely injured, yet she is awake and moving around, unlike a lazy bum I know.

Irys sometimes irritates me I swear she oversleeps when we have important stuff to do. I swear she'll oversleep when we finally have our wedding

Once Irys wakes up, I genuinely will kick her ass for making me worry this much about her. She deserves to be punched and kicked for making me worry about her.

Inside my mind, I could hear her voice just mocking me, asking me if I really love her this much that I'd worry for her this much. She would be right, though. I do love her a lot. I always have

"You are so stupid..." I said, kissing her hand softly.

"I think you're stupid..." Irys laughed I glared at her, annoyed by her

"How long have you been awake?" I growled.

"Two hours," she said, pulling me down and kissing me.

"Then why didn't you tell us sooner?" I shouted

"Because I wanted to see you cry over my body." She giggled.

I was so annoyed by her and really wanted to punch her so hard for doing this to me. However, I was so happy that I didn't want to hit her. She pretended to be knocked out so that I could demonstrate my love for her. That was romantic in a way, albeit stupid and assinine and pointles.

Irys was the most irritating person I knew, but that was marriage alright. I loved her no matter how much we fought because she is so cute.

"Let's play monopoly, Bae." She whispered into my ear I smacked her upside the back.

"You are a moron!" I watched her slouch over like she was knocked out. I shook her, making sure she actually was unconscious and not faking it. She was faking it again.

"Bae, don't shake me, I'll throw up!" Irys pleaded with me I stopped her so she wouldn't pull all over me.

"Don't you dare fake being unconscious again." I sighed. She nodded.

I looked to where Mumei was supposed to be and noticed she was gone. "Mumei!" I called out to no answer.

"Who's that?" The brown-haired girl said,

"Appears behind me I thought I was about to die, but I was put in a tight embrace.

"Bae, don't worry, it's just me." She said
She seemed fine to me and she also wasn't trying to kill me, so this was definitely our Mumei and not Omegaα

"Let's go to the council room. I'm sure Fauna and Kronii will love to see you." I sighed.

"Agreed!" Mumei said all of us made our way back to the council room.