Chapter 1 --- The Start To Something New

Begins in June

Lola's P.O.V.

I had never given much thought to what I wanted to do in life, until I was in my living room one summer day and my mother had heard me singing.

*Flashback*

 "I'm bullet proof nothing to loose. Fire away, fire away." I sang loudly. 

"You know Lo, you have a beautiful voice. Why don't you audition for X-factor, or American Idol?" she asked.

"I could never get up on stage and sing in front of thousands of people mom. I'm too afraid of rejection, but thanks anyway." I smiled.

"Lola, you have a beautiful voice. Express it." she smiled and walked towards the kitchen.

Coincidentally, the X-factor commercial appeared on the t.v and I could feel it calling me. It was talking about auditions and where they were taking place. Luckily for me, I live in Philadelphia and this is where one of the biggest auditions are held. I sprinted upstairs to my room, grabbed my laptop, and found all the information about the X-factor. I found the time and place and came to my decision.

"This is it." I smiled to myself. I raced down the stairs and told my mom and she couldn't have been happier with my decision. 

A week later I found myself, my mom, my twin sisters, and my boyfriend Lance, waiting in line with me. I couldn't stop staring at the piece of paper attached to my shirt that read my act number on it. I also couldn't even wrap my mind around the fact that in a couple hours I was gonna be auditioning in front of 4 amazing judges. Earlier, I had found out that the judges were Simon Cowell (of course), L.A Reid, Steven Tyler, and Jennifer Lopez.

 I was kinda sad that Demi wasn't doing it but I really liked Jennifer. I looked down at my outfit again for the millionth time and sighed. I had on red high waisted shorts, a black tank top, and black pair of combat boots on. I then looked up and saw Lance leaning against the gate.

"Lance, can you believe we're here?" I said while putting my arms around his waist.

"Ya ya whatever." he said and pushed me away.

I sighed and started walking back towards my family. I don't know why we are even dating. Every time I try to end it he always looks at me with his puppy dog eyes and says he'll change. Still haven't seen that change, but I ended up next to my mom and I wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm so glad you changed your mind about auditioning." she said while kissing my head.

"I'm glad I did too. I just wish Finn could be here." I sighed. 

Finn is my older brother. He's 21 and he just transferred from our small community college outside of Philly to Penn State. It was a big adjustment. Not having him home every single day has really made it tough. 

"I wish he was here too sweetie." my mom said. 

My 16 year old identical twin sisters, Addison and Vera, walked towards me and gave me a hug. 

"We're so excited for you." Vera said. 

"Ya we really are." Addison added.

"Thanks girls." I said.

After about 4 hours we were finally inside, and we were waiting for my name to be called to go backstage. I might as well give a background check of myself. I'm 17 years old, gonna be 18 in a couple months. I have long, curly, blonde hair and bright blue eyes. I'm about 5'3 so I'm pretty small. I wouldn't say I'm a twig but I'm comfortable with my weight. My name is Lola, but everyone calls me Lo. My dad gave me the nickname when I was just a baby. If you're wondering where he is, I'll explain. My dad is a solider and he is currently on his third tour in Afghanistan. Having my brother leave, and then my dad, really shook up my world. Suddenly I found someone shaking me, and my moms hand was on my shoulder.

"Come on Lola. They called your name." she said with a big smile. I got up with my family, and followed a worker to the backstage.

 P.S .I put Lola's outfit in a external link off to the side xx :)