Chapter 170

Raymond knew my abilities.

So I have a reasonable question. What the heck?

Surprised by the new turn, he smiled more than ever, looking at me.

"How could I tell you. I knew your abilities, but I didn't know if you would save this flower ... ."

"What are you talking about?

"What if it didn't work out ... You'd be stuck in guilt for the rest of the days."

"What other guilt feelings?"

"I was poisoned just to save Carlisle. And if the antidote failed, you would blame yourself for the rest of your life."

Raymond laughed and continued:

"And how would I present it to you? Until the last moment I did not give you anything good. But I could not leave behind me only a feeling of guilt. I cannot say that I am not guilty of the drama with Lisa."

"What nonsense is this..."

"Yeah. I know it's stupid, but no matter how much I thought about it, I no longer wanted to offend you. "

He spoke seriously. And he didn't even regret his choice.

I screamed, angry at this statement:

"You hid it all. What did I care about this life when you died? If you died ... You thought what would happen to me ?!"

"Ellie.

As I screamed, Raymond's face froze with embarrassment. But then he smiled.

"Is that funny to you? I'm really angry now!"

"I'm sorry, but you are so sweet about me. And I really like it. Rather, I'm just crazy about it."

Did the poison damage his brain? Raymond's delirium was unstoppable now.

However, I was happy to reveal my emotions without hiding.

Absurd feelings subsided in a moment.

Despite the fact that he was laughing like a child, his eyes suddenly darkened.

"I missed you so much."

I froze at his confession.

And it was because I remembered how he was looking for me, looking into the void with a hazy look.

"Now, when I was one step away from death, I was more afraid of death itself that I would not see you again."

"Ray..."

"The end was near, but all that crossed my mind were my memories of you. I realized too late that you were the only light in my life. I'm sorry that I hurt you, Ellie."

My heart sank at his sincere words.

Eyes reddened from the comforting feeling of my past wounds when I always looked at his back, thrown.

"I didn't want it to sound like that. Ellie, don't cry."

When the first drop fell, Raymond embarrassedly reached out to me.

But barely reaching my face, he froze.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

Apologizing, as if he had made a mistake, he tried to take his hand away.

But I grabbed her first.

"Ellie?

Raymond's fingertips tensed.

I slowly opened my lips, feeling the warmth of his hand.

"I missed you too. You were also the light of my life. Although I always had to wait for you to deign ... Thank you for coming down to me, albeit belatedly, and showing me your sincerity. So let's be together forever. Hold on tight so that I don't run away anymore."

Raymond's black eyes trembled, as if he could not comprehend if what was really happening.

"Are you serious?"

"If not seriously, what am I doing here? Well, if you don't like it, then I'm on the way out..."

His eyes became shy, and the moment I looked at them through his hand, he grabbed me tightly, as if not wanting to let go again.

"I'm still sleeping ... right?"

He pulled my hand, speaking in a trembling voice, unable to control his surging feelings.

He gently touched my face, seeking confirmation that it was real.

So he slowly ran his fingers from his forehead to the tip of his nose, past his eyebrows and cupped his cheeks with both hands.

"Ellie ... You are with me now, right? Do you forgive me?"

"Yeah. So don't do any more stupid things."

"I swear. You swear too."

"In what?"

I was embarrassed for a moment.

"You will never leave me again. Please swear."

He spoke with a serious air.

"I swear. I will never leave you again."

The moment this quiet whisper rang out, his eyes filled with joy.

Raymond, whose face had a bright smile I had never seen before, tightened his arms around my face.

As soon as our faces were close enough to feel each other's breath, I closed my eyes, and our lips intertwined in a kiss.

Raymond could not tear himself away from me, giving free rein to the emotions that had accumulated during all this time.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, as if I wanted to absorb his power.

Later ... we eagerly confirmed our sincerity to each other.

One week later.

"Wow, how big!"

Carlisle laughed at the tall tree.

I smiled at Carlisle and also looked at the large tree that I saw after so many years.

The place with a large tree, which the whole family now visited, was the birthplace of Raymond's mother.

Returning to the palace, I remembered about this place, but I thought I no longer have a connection with it, and tried to get it out of my head.

And, ironically, that was the first place that came to my mind after reconciling with my heart.

So, when Raymond got stronger, we went to the place where his mother once lived.

I was worried that if I left, the tree would die.

Contrary to my fears, the blossoming tree looked full of vigor.

Carlisle, looking at the large tree, asked Raymond.

"Is this really my father's tree?"

"This is the tree that your grandmother planted with the wishes of my health. And after your grandmother died ... Your mother saved that tree. This tree is of great importance to me."

"Wow, then it is very valuable!"

"This tree, it is like a reflection of me. So in the future, please take care of him."

"Of course!"

As Carlisle spoke vigorously, Raymond smiled and stroked Carlisle's head.

"Yes, I think the tree will be very pleased if Carlisle sometimes comes to water it."

"Ah! Give me water!"

Carlisle took it seriously, suddenly asked for water and ran away.

Helen followed the prince. I turned to Raymond.

"I thought you forgot."

"I forgot. But one day I accidentally passed that place, and saw a tree standing alone. I immediately realized how much he misses you. It was then that I understood all my feelings for you."

Raymond said putting his hand on the tree.

"Since then I have looked after this tree, as well as the palace of the Empress. I thought if I let the tree die, you will definitely never come back to me."

"In the end, the tree fulfilled my wish. Now you are by my side."

When he raised his hand from the tree, he looked at me and smiled.

At this time, Carlisle jumped up, gasping for breath.

"Carlisle, slower."

"Ha, ha ha ... Mom. May I pour some water? They gave me clean water!"

Carlisle asked permission with a face like he wanted to do something meaningful.

"Of course."

To my answer, Carlisle watered the tree very carefully.

Carlisle, who poured out his wineskin to the last drop, laughed merrily and also touched the tree.

"Tree, you must be healthy. I will protect you from now on."

Carlisle, who had made such an oath, suddenly turned around and looked at Raymond and me in turn.

"Mother, father."

"HM?"

Carlisle spoke up with a shy smile.

"I like being together like this. Let's come here more often, together!"

Carlisle could not hide the happiness from his face.

At that moment, Raymond and my gazes met.

You no longer need to avoid each other or be embarrassed.

After all, we have already fully accepted each other.

In his youth, the old days became so awkward, sad and painful, and everything turned upside down, like a kaleidoscope.

I laughed and said to Carlisle:

"Good. We will come here and play together all the time."

"Holding hands like this."

He stealthily grabbed my hand and put in his word. Raymond folded his eyes in a crescent shape and smiled.

But here he is ...

"I also want to hold hands!"

Carlisle was in the middle.

"Hehe, I like it."

In our sunny and pleasant new beginning, I looked at the big tree and prayed in my heart.

Please let this happiness last forever.