Chapter 85

I whispered to him exactly so that the words reached only his ears.

And then he shifted his gaze to Lisa.

He closed his eyes and immediately opened them, as if bringing his emotions back under control.

"Your injury still needs attention. You can't walk like this."

Raymond stroked the prince's head. It was not a touch of love, but it was gentle nonetheless.

When I saw this, I remembered Carlisle's face and felt somehow strange.

"But now everything is in order. My mother said that the emperor was worried when he heard about that incident."

Raymond's eyebrows rose slightly.

Something he did not remember from himself such a reaction.

"If I had known in advance that His Majesty would arrive at the reception, I would have gone with you, I'm very sorry."

Lisa came up to us and said.

"But you have worked so hard in recent days that you could not even sleep normally. How can you go out in this state?... I'm afraid it's harmful."

She was now talking to the emperor, holding the prince's hand as if I were not there at all.

In addition, her words sounded like a loving wife was worried about her husband.

Was their relationship so strong?

There was tenderness in Lisa's gaze.

Suddenly I wondered what kind of eyes Raymond would look at Lisa, but he did not turn to her at all.

However, whatever their connection, I should not appear in that circus.

Although I still wondered if she was really worried about Raymond?

This family of three looked so unreliable that it would be no surprise to hear about the breakup at any moment.

Raymond shielded Lisa by snapping back at her.

"Don't talk nonsense. And you have nothing to think for me. You'd better keep track of the prince," said Raymond, taking away the hand that stroked the prince's head.

The voice was muffled, but that only made it colder.

Raymond's dark eyes showed no feeling towards Lisa.

It was like I was marking the line between us.

As if in embarrassment, Lisa's lips trembled.

But soon she put on a slight smile and began again:

"His Majesty is so zealous for the heir, so I should just take this as an example. I will do everything to become the same parent as His Majesty."

Lisa bowed her head to Raymond.

In an instant, she turned Raymond into a daddy who is very worried about the good of the prince.

I saw Raymond staring at Lisa with empty eyes without feeling.

If this detail had escaped me, I would have been as astonished as the other nobility at Raymond's paternal instincts.

But I distinctly felt the cold.

What Raymond said to Lisa was nothing more than a warning not to cross the line. And his concern for the prince was not genuine.

And even if I felt it, really our cunning Lisa did not heed it?

Lisa perfectly understood the hint and deliberately distorted Raymond's words.

So that she does not find herself at a disadvantage.