Chapter 110

While Ellie was just leaving the Sios estate, the Duke Croft visited the Imperial Palace.

The butler reported on Duke Croft, who now stood at attention at the door.

"Your Majesty, Duke Croft requests an audience."

"Let him in."

The door opened and the duke stepped into the study.

"Hail His Majesty the Emperor, Empire Sun."

"Nice to see you in good health. Get up, Duke."

Raymond got up from his desk and walked over to the couch. Naturally, the duke followed him.

"Let's sit down."

A servant came up with a tray.

"You just returned to work, but immediately rushed to catch up with all the omissions. Isn't that too much?"

"Everything is fine with my service. A lot of behind-the-scenes work has also been done. Your Majesty, I am very grateful that you approved the trade agreement with the countries of the East yesterday."

The Duke was enthusiastic.

I thought the reorganization of the ministry would take some time due to such a major incident, but Duke Croft was able to sort things out quickly, as if he was looking forward to the go-ahead.

"But don't overdo it. After all, there are great difficulties further."

"I need to tell your Majesty something serious."

Raymond smiled and glanced at the servants. The butler led his subordinates out, and the office door closed tightly.

"Let me tell you something. It will be about the Marquis Sios."

Raymond frowned.

He expected it to be a story about Ellie.

He thought that the proposal to return to the imperial palace had reached the ears of Duke Croft.

But what about the prime minister?

Irradiated by the serious gaze of the Duke Croft, Raymond instantly forgot all about Ellie.

Sios' problem was as important as Ellie's return.

"Do you want to tell me about the intrigues of the Marquis?"

"As expected, your Majesty has already heard."

"The reasons for his behavior are not obvious to me. In addition, he even sang with Duke Drua. This leaves me with more questions than answers."

"Your Majesty, what are you planning to do? The Marquis Sios is not poking his nose out of the estate now, but I don't see him easily giving up his undertakings."

"The truth is yours. That is why I left the Marquis Paren with me. Now there are a lot of supporters of Sios at court. First of all, we will cut off his hands, we will reorganize the army."

"And this will be the Marquis of Celine?"

"Exactly. Upon her return, Celine will be appointed Deputy Commander-in-Chief. His accomplishments in the northern regions will serve as a weighty pretext."

Ellie's obstinacy was damaging his nerves, but that did not mean that he would not put Marquis Sios in line.

It was time to slowly chop off his limbs in order to eventually cut off his head.

Treason was a crime enough to slaughter three generations of them.

"Then I'll take care of my ministry. My camp is also filled with the champions of Sios. The cleaning will take some time."