Chapter 26

If this had happened in childhood, I would have immediately trembled and hid in a corner. But after so many years I got used to it.

"Is there still such a shame in this world that the duke did not experience?"

Jeremy spoke up as the Duke shot him a menacing look.

"And it wasn't theft. I just took the invitation that came to my hand. I'm sorry it pisses you off so much, father."

"Yeah!"

Father.

The Duke hated that word the most.

After all, he was a man whose soul was disgusted with the fact that I was his son.

But what was funnier for my taste was that he couldn't give up on me. After all, his hideous son was his only successor.

Jeremy, looking into the face of the duke, who was angry with the words about "father", opened his mouth with a smile:

"But don't worry so much. I was born with the wrong eye color, and you hid my birth from the world. Nobody knows who I am."

"Who would have called me the heir of Drua if I had not inherited the main symbol of the duke?" Jeremy said.

"Go to sleep. You need to teach me how to live as in childhood."

"Yes you! Damn you!"

The Duke pointed a finger at me and immediately grabbed his chest. It looks like his blood pressure has risen.

Seeing the surprised butler rushing to the duke's aid, I turned away from them with a cold face.

"Don't even think about staying here!"

I quickly go up the stairs, ignoring the Duke's screams.

Bam.

I took a deep breath as I slammed the door.

"Yeah, that was always the worst."

Not even a few minutes had elapsed since I met the Duke. But I already felt the energy leaving me.

The relationship between a child and a parent is such shit.

However, no matter how much I resisted, I could not change it.

Even if I abandon the Drua family, the duke will not abandon his only successor.

Jeremy took a deep breath and fell back on the bed.

As he glanced out the window, his attention was drawn to the moon, which lit up the dawn sky.

Amber eyes dimmed, as if remembering someone.

Purple eyes and silvery hair like this moonlight.

Ellie Croft.

"Who are you?"

Her face when she asked this question.

So adorable. I have never seen such beautiful eyes. They are like precious stones.

I knew that she had already forgotten me.

It must have seemed like a coincidence to her.

I thought it was natural that she wouldn't be able to remember me. But when I saw that she didn't recognize me, I was still upset.

I don't know why.

Something just stuck in my heart.

Jeremy turned to the window where the moonlight could be seen.

Your marriage has been dissolved.

I wish you happiness in life.

It was because of Ellie that he showed up at the Marquis's party. The party itself didn't interest him at all.