Chapter 82

He did not hear the full dialogue with the Marquis, but words still reached him about preparations for 'returning to the center'.

Jeremy looked at the Duke with wide eyes and continued softly.

"And even if my father does not admit it, I am still the successor of Duke Drua. Can't you give birth to bastards? Save me from such happiness?"

After Raymond's rebellion, his mother, the Duchess, died. Miladye Drua, who had been weak in body all her life, could not bear his younger brother.

Subsequently, the family broke up, and the duke did not get a young wife who was willing to submit to him for a lifetime.

Thanks to this coincidence, Jeremy remained the sole successor to the Honorable Duke of Drua.

"You! You!"

Those dark brown eyes were now shooting lightning.

Jeremy gradually loosened his grip on the duke's arm.

"Your Excellency. Upon your return "to the center", please, if you please, take care of your noble dignity. Otherwise, I won't even be able to play in front of others, which I respect my father."

Jeremy grinned at the Duke, who was about to burst with anger, and said goodbye to him.

"Well, I'll go, there's a lot to do."

Ignoring the anger still simmering behind him, Jeremy left with a firm gait.

"The time has come. It's time to end this."

***

After discussing everything with Rosalyn, I went straight to the Phoenix branch.

While I was preparing a project for a perfumery company with Lumont, the sun was already setting outside the window.

"So it means. The day after tomorrow I will visit the Marquis Celine, and we will immediately start work."

"The daughter of the family Celine is a special person to me. So I hope you don't lose tact with her."

"Of course."

Lumont smiled his characteristic self-confident smile.

As I was about to leave the branch, I remembered Jed, who had been missing since our last meeting.

"But where is Jed?"

"Jed didn't show up because he had an important meeting."

"Who else is this with?"

Someone showed up here who deserved to meet them in person?

Lumont shrugged.

"I can not know. I do not even know who is the counterpart. Well, that is, Jed assured him that he was a friend. "

So you have friends in your empire ...

I asked Lumont

"What's going on with Jed these days?"

"Huh?"

I remembered how the other day Jed avoided my gaze and muttered something under his breath.

After that, we only saw each other once in the mansion, but that day he somehow strangely avoided me.

But Lumont didn't seem to know the details.

"There is nothing. Oh, and Lumont..."

"Yes?"

Find an academy worthy of Carlisle.

"Certainly... Wait, what?"

Lumont opened his eyes wide.