Chapter 21

The gaze of all the ladies in the salon were now focused on Clementine's walking disaster.

As if sensing that she was suddenly the new victim of the crowd, Clementine bit her lip and rushed into the carriage.

Bam! As soon as the carriage door was closed, the coachman hastily drove the horses away.

Looking into the salon, I saw how all the ladies were talking among themselves.

Probably, the noble ladies who visited the salon today have already forgotten about the divorced empress and remember only Clementine, who catch what she had.

"I think they'll forget me because of this."

I turned to Helen.

"All is well that ends well. But it's time for us to go to the estate."

"Okay."

And who the hell is the person who accidentally helped me?

For the last time, I turned my gaze to the place where the unknown strongman disappeared, and then I got into the carriage.

Ding

A bell rang. This opened the door of a bar located in one of the back streets of the capital, which was visited by many mercenaries.

The owner of the bar, a large man with a gray beard and a weathered face, shouted without looking back:

"We are closed. Come when the sun goes down."

"Billy, it's me."

Billy looked around. Then the man took off his hat, looked at Billy and smiled.

His amber eyes shone with gold.

The face, emaciated from the long journey, was clearly familiar to Billy.

The man moved his lips at Billy's dull gaze.

"I haven't been here for seven years. Don't you want to hug an old friend?"

"You're a fucking psycho!"

Billy threw the mop on the floor and ran to hug the man with tears in his eyes, unlike his harsh words. The man pushed Billy aside and said:

"The peasants didn't stop hugging for a long time. It gives me goosebumps."

When the man said this with a mischievous laugh, Billy screamed, wiping the tears from his eyes:

"What the fuck, Jeremy?! I thought you were dead long ago!"

"Why would I die? My apologies, but I'd outlive you all."

Jeremy patted Billy on the shoulder and sat down at an empty table.

"I would drink a cold beer to calm my frayed nerves."

Billy asked as he sat down opposite Jeremy:

"Why did you come back at all? Looking for a job?"

"Hmm... Well, I'm not sure about that yet."

"You can't wander like that all your life."

Jeremy shrugged, pretending to be okay, and sipped his beer. But he had nothing to argue with.

He can't walk on the edge until the end of his days.

"Even though I'm a toothless tiger, I'm still a tiger. I can waste this way for another ten years."

"Then why did you return to the empire after all this time?"

"Ah... I didn't want to stay here, but I heard strange things."