Chapter 75

"Everyone's looking at us, Ray. Please don't."

I walked over to Raymond and whispered softly.

A crowd surrounded us. The guards will be arriving soon, and the drama will only get worse.

I didn't want to decorate the front pages of the capital's newspapers tomorrow.

When I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards me, Raymond gently moved away from the man.

"Remove swords."

By order of Raymond, the knights retreated.

"Ha... Thank you. Thanks!"

The man grabbed his broken wrist and ran away.

Raymond turned slowly to me. Even if his prey slipped out from under his nose, he no longer worried about it.

Those people disappeared from sight, and I let go of his hand.

Raymond's gaze followed my hand as I released him.

It was a look that showed me his regret.

I turned away from him and turned to the girl who was still kneeling there.

"Are you okay?"

The little girl fell into a stupor, still could not raise her head and trembled.

Old rags did not protect her from the cold, and she was still in shock.

When I tried to take off my cloak and cover it, a large robe suddenly wrapped around the baby.

Surprisingly, it was Raymond.

"Night frost. Don't take it off."

"Thanks."

The girl raised her head, as if regaining consciousness.

Pale emaciated face and scar. From the moment I saw the rags on her, I already knew that this child was from the slums.

However, seeing the traces of suffering on her young face, it made me even more painful.

After I gave birth to Carlisle and raised him, I could not help but become more attentive to children.

I picked up the fallen violets and put them in a basket.

"Oh, get your hands dirty, I..."

"They may be dirty, but look how beautiful they are. I'll tell you what. How much will you sell them all for?"

"Huh?"

The girl goggled at me.

She was surprised to learn that I was thinking of buying flowers that had just rolled on the ground.

"The flowers are spoiled, so.."

"I only say this because I have a way to preserve even spoiled flowers. Therefore, I want to buy these beautiful flowers from you and make them even more beautiful."

Astonishment settled in the pure children's eyes.

Patting the girl on the head, I tried to get a silver coin out of my pocket.

But again, Raymond was faster than me.

He gave the girl a silver coin.

"Here's the payment for the flowers."

"This is too much, I cannot do this..."

"You can do anything. Thanks to you, I met the person I wanted to find."

So the person you wanted to find?

I turned to him. I wondered if he meant me.

Raymond smiled at the girl and thrust a silver coin into her hand.