Chapter 146

The moment Ellie was racing to the Phoenix branch.

Carter gave a talk to Raymond.

"The reason why Lady Sios was able to give birth secretly was that the then king of the Western Kingdom was killed by a long-standing illness, and the monarch's concubines in those parts have the right to make pilgrimages to the temple. At that time, Lisa Sios also went to a temple far from the capital, and stayed there for about four months. It seems that there she gave birth to a child, avoiding prying eyes."

Carter took a deep breath after a long speech.

"But that temple was later burned down. The daughter of the Marquis hid her son in the wilderness, and everyone who took care of the child is still dead."

"So, all those involved were removed. In fact, it's even better. After all, what a scandal could have flared up... But this nanny raises suspicions."

It is strange that they cut out everyone who courted Edmund, and moreover spared one gray-haired old woman.

There is no reason to kill so many people if you have nothing to hide.

Raymond's face turned cold as he tapped the table with his fingertips.

It is a fact that they wanted to hide something if they went for such blood.

And above all, it was now difficult to find anything in the Western Kingdom.

And if so, it is necessary to extract the truth from those who are still alive and remain in the empire.

Of course, the disgraced marquis and Lisa will not give out a word.

Carter spoke suddenly, interrupting the Emperor's train of thought.

"Sire. And I want to say one more thing."

"What?"

"You ordered to find out about that piece of wood with the name. The tablet comes from the Western Kingdom. To be precise, this is a tablet that has been used by royal servants in the Western Kingdom since ancient times."

"The Royal Family of the Western Kingdom..."

The tablet Jeremy gave him came from the Western Kingdom. Only one person had contact with the royal family there.

Lisa.

And where did she get this sign? She was not a servant, but a concubine.

What's the connection between you and this piece of wood?

There were no guesses.

But at this time, Carter gave a hint.

"And when I investigated the adventures of Lisa Sios, I discovered that Lady Sios returned to the empire with a handmaiden to the royal family."

"Does that servant's last name match the name on the plate?"

"No. Not at all... I need to find out more about that woman. Most likely, there is a connection."

A maid allegedly stolen from the royal family. Nameplate from the house of Duke Drua and Lisa.

It was clear that they were all intertwined in some way.

If this tablet belongs to the maid brought by Lisa, then it was she who killed Freud Drois.

In any case, the tablet is unambiguously associated with Lisa.

How much evil have you ever done?

She even attempted to kill Ellie and Carlisle.

Besides, it is not yet known ... about the birth of the first prince.

"Sire. If it turns out that the tablet is related to a servant, would you attribute it to the case of the late Duke Drua?"

I thought so.

I thought about how to carefully execute Lisa for all her sins, but now her murder was not the main problem.

I had to find out if Edmund was really my stepbrother's child.

Lisa is already on the edge of the abyss, but this time I need to dig up solid evidence, and not just throw Lisa on the block.

Thus, it will cost me nothing to kill both Lisa and her son.

If Edmund becomes the son of the late prince, then he will definitely not live. And the culprit will be Lisa, who made a cruel joke on me.

"It's more important to check the facts about the first prince. That gray-haired maid might know more about the first prince, so you know what to do. And in my empire..."

Raymond swallowed the end of the sentence.

In his empire, no one should find out the truth about the birth of the first prince.

If everything turns out to be true, then neither Lisa nor the disgraced Marquis Sios will meet an easy end.

"Native brother."

"I'm sorry, what?"

Raymond suddenly remembered a man everyone had long forgotten.

Lisa's younger brother. Leon Sios.

His intuition screamed that this member of the Sios family could close some of the gaps.

"Carter."

"Yes, sire."

Find the son of the Sios family, Leon Sios.

"I'm getting started.

Just as Carter was about to leave the office, there was a knock on the door.

"Well, who is there?"

The conversation with Carter took place without witnesses. Now the butler carefully opened the door and entered.

"Your Majesty, His Highness the Crown Prince has arrived."

Raymond's eyes went up to his forehead at such words.

"Has the prince come?"

This was the first time Carlisle had come to him of his own free will, and besides, Carlisle had arrived alone.

Raymond jumped up from his seat.

The harsh creak from the chair was so loud that Carter and the butler shrank in fright.

What is he?

Carter was amazed to see the unfamiliar side of Raymond he had seen for the first time.

"Your Majesty, wouldn't it be better to let His Highness the Crown Prince in?"

Carter's voice brought Raymond back to reality.

He was right.

The unnecessary expectation of his son drags on with every second.

"Let's."

"Then I'll leave you."

Carter left the office and Carlisle immediately slipped inside.

"You don't have to bow," Raymond said even before Carlisle faked a greeting.

He walked over to Carlisle. And when he knelt down and looked at the child, Carlisle nevertheless lowered his head and greeted.

"Sire."

"Raise your head."

Carlisle looked uncomfortable and avoided his gaze, but he was no longer as scared as before.

Is he imagining it? Wishful thinking?

For some reason, Carlisle's gaze was strangely different from yesterday.

Perhaps this is an illusion, but in the eyes there was a slight sympathy for him.

Carlisle twisted his leg to play with the wooden sword. Since then, Raymond worried that Carlisle would hate him more than ever.

His own father beat him, and gradually he became disgusted with the very existence of his father.

In the case of Raymond, the situation was different, but he continued to think that he had hurt Carlisle.

"Your Majesty, are you busy?"

"No. So good."

Raymond, lost in thought, muttered slowly.

"But why aren't the prince and his mother together?"

"Mom left for a while. So I whiled away the time alone, and... mmm."

Carlisle spoke energetically, but the ending ended abruptly.

He looked Raymond in the eye.

This time he felt no fear.

Although he looked shy.

It looks like he has something to say, but it was not easy to say.

Did you come because you were bored?

Is it just boring?

It was ridiculous to report to the emperor, simply because it became boring. It was, of course, a pointless assumption, but ... who knows?

Raymond asked with a soft smile on his lips.

"Prince. Today my chef baked your favorite cookies. Would you like to taste it right here?"

"Yes, I like it!"

Carlisle responded as if this was all he was expecting.

That smiling face in front of him confirmed that his ridiculous assumption was correct.

Carlisle is bored, so the first thing he did was find him.

Raymond and Ellie's only son.

The emperor had a tickle in his heart that Carlisle had moved towards him first, whatever the reason.

"Fine, ahem."

Raymond cleared his throat so as not to show the strange emotion that gripped his being.

"Bring the biscuits and juice to the break room."

"Yes, your majesty."

And Raymond, taking Carlisle by the hand, left the office.

***

"Find out where Leon Sios is hiding now, and learn about Lisa's murky maid."

"The muddy maid... you mean the one with the gray hair?"

Lisa's only maid that will catch everyone's eye.

As I made my way to the Phoenix branch, I rethought my priorities. The first thing to do is to go to that servant, not Leon Sios.

That woman gave off a strange sensation.

After all, I have crossed paths with Lisa many times. She always draws an invisible line, shielding herself from people, but this servant was always with her.

Her right hand might know something.

"Right. That maid. Find out where she is from, and how long she stayed with Lisa."

Therefore, I ordered Lumon to study everything carefully. And then I returned to my palace.

By the time I got back, the sun was setting.

"Your Majesty, will you go to the Duke?"

Helen asked me on arrival.

I was originally going to talk to my father today about Carlisle's tutor.

But it was already too late.

"No. Let's go to the palace. Carlisle must have been waiting."

Tom will be sad if I miss our dinner together.

And as soon as I got out of the carriage, I heard the unexpected news.

"Your Majesty the Empress. His Highness the Crown Prince went to the Sunshine Palace. To a meeting with His Majesty."