Chapter 29

"What?"

"Edmund told His Majesty to taste the cookies."

At Lisa's words, the emperor's gaze turned to Edmund.

A child with cookie crumbs around his mouth was staring at him now.

Sighing, Raymond forced a smile.

"I don't want, eat it yourself."

"Yes!"

He's just a child.

A child who ate cookies and waved his legs back and forth while sitting on a chair.

When I saw this, I suddenly thought of this:

Would Ellie and my baby be as cute?

Now it was impossible to know if it was a boy or a girl, but it would be great if he looked more like Ellie regardless of gender.

Raymond narrowed his eyes. He himself did not even know why this came to his mind.

And why am I suddenly drawing in my head the image of a child who is not in the world?

Moreover, in addition, I thought that it would be nice for him to be like Ellie, but not me.

I'm crazy?

Mocking his crazy thoughts, he looked away from Edmund.

Otherwise, all these strange thoughts would have crept into his head again.

I turned my head thoughtfully, and this time I remembered how I met Ellie at a party.

Her unfeeling face as she looked at me. She danced, held the other man's hand, and her gaze was firm.

All the details flashed through my head, even her words, and how she drew the line between the two of us.

I tried to forget Ellie, persuading myself that nothing more binds us. But it didn't come out easy.

When I remembered her cold eyes, my heart throbbed strangely.

"Sire."

Raymond, deep in thought of Ellie, turned to Lisa's call.

"You seem to have a lot of worries. Let it be so, we can wait."

Lisa looked at him with worried eyes. Raymond shook his head.

"No. I called you because I had something to say."

"To say something?"

"Exactly."

Raymond glanced at the butler, hinting at him to leave them alone.

Lisa tensed slightly.

"I think Edmund should go out too."

Instead of answering, Raymond just put the cup on the table. Having drunk the already cold tea, he put down the cup with a stern face.

"Lisa. Whose decision was it to invite Ellie to the party that day?"

Raymond's straightforward question shocked Lisa.

Lisa silently looked at Raymond.

She no longer saw that sweet look in his eyes as in the past.

"...It seems that you have already come to a conclusion. So why are you asking me, Your Majesty? Would you believe me if I said I had no intention of inviting Lady Croft?"

Raymond said nothing to Lisa's cold words.

This is because, as she stated, he had already concluded that Lisa was involved in Ellie's invitation.