Chapter 74

"The juiciest chicken skewers in the whole empire! Come, swoop in!"

"Milady, here is a necklace that is exactly the same as that worn by Lady Sios. Please take a look."

"My hot soup will warm your body and mind!"

In the night market, merchants were bustling about, beckoning buyers.

The night market, which I came to for the first time since the time I walked by the hand with my father, was a kind of place. But today I was here on business.

My goal was an oriental goods store.

All sorts of curiosities from the east are on the wide counter.

"If you are looking for something, please, any whim."

A man in a traditional oriental outfit came up to me and smiled at thirty-two.

I was wearing a magic ring now, and I pretended to be a commoner.

It was the place to go and know. Lady Croft would have betrayed my hair color in me. So it was painfully noticeable.

I took off my hat and said to the merchant:

"I'm looking for an incense burner. Are there such people here?"

"Of course have. Here you will find all the items from the countries of the East. "

The man pulled out something similar.

White porcelain with lid and holes.

"I heard this thing ... is it burning herbs in it?"

"Yes Yes. A very useful thing. Of course, there are commoners ... They are even used by the king's family, "said the man, opening the lid.

"If you put herbs in there and cover them, the scent comes out through these holes," the merchant explained to me, pretending to add herbs inside.

Such incense would take advantage of the demand from the nobility, along with perfume.

After talking with Rosalyn, I thought about it and came here.

Tomorrow we need to talk with Jed about importing incense burners from the East.

"I want to buy an incense burner, how much does it cost?

"40 copper ".

I gave the merchant one silver coin.

"Keep the change".

One silver was equal to 100 coppers. The merchant goggled at the overly generous wages.

Now he probably suspected that he had previously made a mistake in my status.

"This incense burner is to my liking. I'll give it to someone important ... Please wrap it up so it doesn't break. "

"Yes Yes. Of course."

Pretending that he did not find what was happening strange, he immediately smiled and carefully put the incense burner in a wooden box.

Taking the box, I instantly regretted not taking the servant with me.

I walked along the street, thinking how to get back to the carriage as soon as possible.

"Out of the way!

I froze from a child's cry.

Turning to the sound, I saw a little girl who was now lying on the ground in front of a sturdy man.

Violets from a basket scattered next to the girl.

"Oh, look over there."

"What's happened?"