Chapter 97

"The reason I called you today, Miladye Celine, is the problem of our marquis."

"Yes? What's wrong with my father?"

Rosalyn's face was covered with extreme horror that even Raymond could not resist and grabbed her hand.

"Don't worry, that's right. The Marquis did his duty in the north to the extent that I could call him home."

"But if so... Why did you summon me?"

"To celebrate the merits of the Marquis Celine, who made a great contribution to the development of the north of the empire, and to convey the news that he will soon leave the north forever."

"Are you saying you're dismissing your father from his post?"

Rosalyn's blue eyes trembled.

For a nobleman who has been exiled to the north, the only way to return home is to return with a corpse.

Rosalyn knew it too, so she gave up and resigned herself.

"I gave the order today, so he'll be back no later than in a week."

Rosaline got up from her chair and knelt, staggering.

"Thanks. Thank you very much, Your Majesty."

"Young lady, this is not necessary at all. Sit down as you sat."

Rosalyn's eyes reddened.

Marquis Celine.

He earned his prestige by playing an active role in the military affairs of the empire over the years.

He was a knight who conscientiously did what he was told to do.

Although the charges of tax evasion were ironclad, the Marquis did not do it himself.

It was the work of the Marquis's butler. People who have known the Marquis for a long time would find this business strange. After all, the latter was not in the habit of stopping to such a thing.

Raymond should have intervened long ago, but at the time he trusted Sios's decisions.

He told the prime minister to deal with this and set an example for others. And Marquis Sios at that time did not act as badly as in the case of Duke Croft.

So Raymond did not even suspect Marquis Sios.

Shortly before the punishment, the Marquis Celine approached him with his head bowed.

North reference, then.

He seemed unable to overcome his guilt for not keeping an eye on the butler.

At first, Raymond told him to get out and not talk nonsense, but the Marquis of Celine persisted.

Despite the fact that it was a sin committed by his subordinates, he was guilty before the emperor because of his sense of responsibility.

In the end, Raymond gave up and said that he would have mercy on the Marquis after several years in the north.

For those few years, Ray thought that if Celine suffered there, in the distance, he himself would get rid of his feelings of guilt.

To the outside public it seemed that the Marquis had committed a crime and departed to the north, but the truth was different.

And although plans to return the Marquis of Celine from the north were postponed for some time, the emperor never abandoned the Marquis of Celine.

But when Raymond met Rosalyn at the Croft house, he realized that he could no longer procrastinate.