Chapter 60

I was unable to deny my connection to the Order of the Phoenix, so I plotted to release gossip that I had a fleeting relationship with Jed, the head of the organization.

"Yes OK. I'll do everything."

He added:

"But although, Mr. Jed arrives in the empire about the day after tomorrow. It won't be the best solution to get the public's attention right now."

"Is Jed sailing here?"

"The boss said he's going to the Empire because he's worried about Ellie. I received a letter saying that he would be the day after tomorrow."

There was a feeling that a reliable friend was coming to me.

As I thought about Jed, I suddenly remembered the man I had seen at the trial.

It was only for a short moment, but I would always recognize his sparkling eyes at first sight.

Jeremiah.

"Lumont."

"Yes?"

"Please, we need to find a person. A man named Jeremy with platinum hair and amber eyes. Find out if he is in the Empire of Egrit now."

If he really returned to the empire, I wanted to return the favor to him.

After all, he was a man who gets along with the same burden of the past as I do.

"If I find it, I'll report it right away."

"Then try. Well, it's time for me to go."

Although we only briefly discussed a few things, time flew by quickly. Soon there will be only guards on the streets. I'd better hurry back.

The next morning.

I woke up early and after breakfast with my father I immediately began to dress.

The maid brought me a jewelry box.

"Milady, do you want more colorful decorations?"

"Something to match a modest dress."

Deep purple, hanging down to the floor and accentuating the waistline. Simple design with no fancy decorations.

For a visit to the emperor, this choice was a little simple, but my look changed when I added diamond earrings and a necklace.

I didn't care about Raymond's tastes, but he wasn't the only one sitting in the imperial palace.

At the trial, I tried to refrain from embellishment, but today was a different matter.

At the trial, I appeared with a huge sum in my hands, but I had to dress more modestly to show that the Croft family is also not flashy.

"My lady, it's done."

Finally, she put a necklace studded with huge diamonds on me.

With a contented look, I looked in the mirror and handed the maids a silver coin.

The maids' eyes widened. It was not surprising, because that was their salary for a month.

The maids looked at the older one with concern in their eyes, to see if they could accept such a thing.

I smiled tenderly at them all.

"It's an incentive for you to work hard, so don't hesitate. You better hide it sooner."

It was a lot of money, but I gave it away on purpose.

Commoners were always gossiping about nobles. Rumors will appear quickly.