Chapter 118

The butler rushed screaming and grabbed the duke by the leg, but to no avail. He was already dead.

Jeremy couldn't do anything and stood as if he'd been nailed to the floor.

I have never even called the Duke my father since the moment I entered the conscious age.

Ellie could point a finger at the emperor and the duke would have finished soon, but I didn't care.

I thought it was inevitable in one way or another, and such is the price for the sins committed.

But why do I feel so strange?

As if all five of my senses were asleep.

As if I left this world.

Jeremy sighed slowly.

He gradually revived and approached the duke with a frozen face.

Then he stood up on a chair and cut the rope that bound the duke's neck.

Jeremy climbed down from his chair and saw the body fall like a straw effigy. Taking a step forward and placing his father on the bed, he examined the Duke's face with his eyes closed.

It seemed that he was about to scream and begin to swallow air greedily, but the duke's closed eyes did not move.

And so it will remain forever.

"Mister... It seems, the last will of His Excellency..."

The butler brought him a white envelope.

[Behold my manifesto to the Emperor Egrit, who killed his father and usurped the throne with his own hand, to the Emperor of many sins, who will soon find the wrath of heaven. I will kill your last son, and so will my vengeance against his majesty be accomplished. And you won't even get the luxury of punishing me for it]

He wanted to say that he would kill Carlisle, the Empress's child, and would not give a chance for reprisals.

Jeremy glanced at the duke's body. There was a suspiciously clear red line on the neck.

"Suicide, yeah..."

Jeremy, of course, didn't believe it. Duke Drua would never have made such a sacrifice.

If that was spurred on by the injustices carried away from the emperor, the duke would have gone for revenge a long time ago. And he did not sit as a hermit in the estate.

Just a couple of days ago, his eyes were burning with the desire to achieve a goal, but the goal was not his own death. Any dog will understand that the matter here is unclean.

But... there is no proof.

The duke's clothes were neat.

And if he had resisted the stranglehold around his neck, the scar would not have become so straight.

Murder disguised as perfect suicide.

Your end came out so miserable.

All his life he was obsessed with the fame of Drua and laid down his life in pursuit of other people's interests?

This is really stupid.

Jeremy's heart was now boiling with anger, the target of which was still undetermined.

Either this is anger towards the father, who has left until now, but looked down on his son to the end, or towards the murderer, or maybe towards himself, who did not have time.

How do you know now?

You have lived your whole life in a camp of evil, so that later you can leave like this so easily?