Chapter 111

"How are Ellie and Carlisle doing?" Jeremy asked as soon as Jed sat down.

"Aren't you curious about what I came to you with?"

"Haven't seen them for several days. Hope they are okay."

Jed smiled at Jeremy's melancholy chatter and sipped his beer.

Seeing Jed's carelessness, Jeremy became nervous and hastened to share his concern.

"Jed, the emperor was right in front of us."

Jeremy saw with his own eyes how the emperor came to the mansion.

Ellie could say as much as she wanted to take care of it, but his nerves had been on edge for the past few days.

Jed looked at Jeremy, who couldn't hide his concern, and clicked his tongue.

"Now they only dream about peace. There was a noise. The will of the emperor is in itself a delicate matter, moreover, now Marquis Sios is following us."

"Marquis Sios?"

Jeremy frowned in displeasure at the sudden appearance of a new figure in the narrative.

"The Marquis Sios got wind of Carlisle."

"What? How do you... Do you know for sure that it was Sios?"

"More precisely, there is nowhere. Lady Sios sent a letter straight to our secret mansion."

Not the best situation when the emperor found out about the son of Ellie, but now even the troublemaker Sios found out about it.

And this Lisa Sios.

She looks like an infinitely gentle woman, but she always hides her fangs, charged with poison.

A person with ingenuity who will mercilessly cut down everything that blocks her path.

And if she knew about Carlisle ...

There is a high probability that Carlisle is threatened by the intrigues of the enemy.

"This woman... This is a dangerous woman. I will never give her Carlisle."

"Ellie said the same. So we tried to figure out what our next step would be. Ellie went to meet with Ms. Sios to warn her of the consequences."

"To warn, it means ..."

Jeremy still remembered those shiny green eyes that threatened to kill anyone in the way.

"This concerns the crown prince. If you keep him in check, Lisa will not be able to move."

"But that won't cancel her plans permanently."

"I know. But now there is no convincing evidence that Marquis Sios could be removed."

Jed sighed, as if it were getting stuffy, and asked:

"What about Duke Drua?"

"Stay calm. The visits of petty nobles to him stopped. But he doesn't seem to trust me completely."

Duke Drua was forced to trust him with important information.

However, the paranoid duke was still watching him.

"Hmm, well, it would be weird if the Duke immediately felt confident in you. In the meantime, we need to focus on the move. Oh, and please send a letter to Ellie."

"Letter?"

"Umm. Ellie wanted to meet with you and personally ask you about the Duke's movements. It will be more reassuring if you write to her."