Chapter 109

Estate of Marquis Sios.

At the entrance to their family estate, a maid was already waiting for me.

Although I did not reply to the letter, upon my arrival the gates of the Marquis immediately opened. They clearly knew about my visit.

"Mrs. Croft."

The gray-haired maid bowed low to me. When I saw her features, it was as if icy water was poured over me.

A stern, weather-beaten face, and a coldness in his impenetrable eyes.

At first glance, it is clear that this was not an ordinary servant.

"My lady is already waiting."

"Show the way."

Led by a maid, I arrived at the greenhouse, where a tea-drinking scandal had recently taken place.

"You just have to go inside."

The maid bowed her head again and opened the door for me. As soon as I took one step, the scent of flowers immediately hit my nose.

It was so strong it made my head spin.

Further, across the garden, I saw a tea table in the already familiar gazebo.

As if everyone here knew about my arrival, the table was set in advance for two.

Lisa rose from her seat.

"Welcome, Lady Croft."

Approaching her, I smiled and answered.

"Mrs Sios. It seems that my personal arrival did not come as a surprise to you."

"I am only grateful that you responded to my call. Have a seat."

She sat down opposite.

"For some reason I knew Lady Croft was coming, so I made the tea beforehand. But black tea... You don't mind?"

"No, all is fine."

Smiling, Lisa herself took up the kettle.

The flower garden was empty apart from the two of us.

It looks like she let all the people go on purpose.

Here she puts a cup in front of me and smiles maliciously.

"This is the famous tea from the kingdom of Lund. We have specially stocked them up for your visit. I can only hope that you will like it."

A familiar scent emanated from the cup.

This is truly a black tea from the kingdom of Lund. And the whole scene looks as if Lisa did it to please me.

I already know what's on your mind, no matter what face you make.

"Very tasty. Thank you for your attention."

"Lady Croft may not even suspect how much attention has been paid to her lately."

"Just the opposite. I recently learned that Ms. Sios was so interested in my life."

I put down the cup and looked her straight in the eye.

"Did you call me because of the child?"

I didn't want to keep up with her and continue this stupid acting.

As I pushed her closer to the point, her smile widened.

"Mistress invites me to a direct conversation, so I will be honest. Yes. This is because of the child you hid."

"He is not a child of His Majesty."

Her facial expressions flinched sharply at my firm answer.

"Blond hair and purple eyes. I was told that the symbols of the royal family are invisible. But can't the appearance be changed by resorting to magic?"