Chapter 68

The smile that hung like a mask on Lisa's lips was blown away now. By this time, she could no longer hide her hostility inside.

Now I am convinced of this.

Lisa hates me.

But why?

No, the main thing is since when?

Looking back, I felt this way even when she just returned to the empire.

That year I turned in everything myself and left, so what the hell?

Here she smiled brightly again, as if there was nothing between us.

"So I was wastedly afraid that His Majesty would treat Lady Croft badly. But I am very happy for you. My congratulations."

"His Majesty will not give offense to the Duke of Croft, so it means that I will not be left behind."

With a wide smile on my lips, I raised my cup of tea.

The whole atmosphere of tea drinking was now different from the original.

When I first stepped into the gazebo, most of the guests were waiting for my shame, but now I feel a mixture of their favor and envy.

So, contrary to all Lisa's plan, the game turned in my favor. A strange silence fell in place.

Putting down the cup, I saw Vishteyn staring at me with a sparkle in her pupils.

Now even she was trying to look nice.

When I laughed harshly in her eyes, Vishtein's face turned red again.

That's really really. She was so easy to play with.

At this time a servant hastily approached Lisa. All attention was now riveted on his appearance.

"What's the matter?"

"Milady, I have just received word from the Imperial Palace. It is said that His Highness the First Prince suffered during a fencing lesson."

"What?!"

Lisa got scared and jumped up from her seat. For the first time I saw how fear overshadowed her gentle face.

"Today's tea party seems to end on that note. I'm sorry."

Throwing this remark at us, she ran away from the flower garden without looking back.

I was also excited by what I heard.

Whatever our relationship was, I was also a mother.

"Was His Highness Crown Prince Edmund injured in training?"

"That's impossible."

"He's the only heir, isn't he?"

The only one...

At this point, I felt strange.

"He will be all right. Darling, don't worry. You just haven't seen how much His Majesty cares for Edmund. He will be immediately surrounded by the best doctors."

As if it was addressed to me, Vishtein now looked at me.

As if she wanted to say: Lisa has Edmund, and honoring you by the emperor is an empty phrase.

These unsaid words only caused me a slight smile, instead of disappointment.

I dealt with Lisa, who would tirelessly intrigue and grab my throat with pleasure. Whereas Vishteyn, compared to that one, was just an annoying child.

"I have a lot of worries too. See you next time."

I threw a smile to Vishtein, got up and left the garden.