Chapter 72

"Anyone can stumble at least once. I suppose you got really scared today. So go to yourself in peace."

Raymond drew back from the drooping Lisa and turned towards the exit.

"When Edmund wakes up, send me your word."

He gave the order to the servant and left the room without turning around.

Lisa lifted her head and turned to the servant:

"I'll be with the prince. You can go."

The servant left and the door slammed shut. When silence returned to the room, Lisa's gentle face cooled in an instant.

"So I'm not in a position to advise you?"

She was neither Raymond's advisor nor the empress.

She was not even that mistress.

Just Edmund's biological mother.

That was her only merit.

Do not follow her Edmund, the emperor had no reason to let Lisa into the palace.

If every now and then remind yourself of their former love, it's like sprinkling salt on the wound once again. But these feelings were lost in time.

She parted with the past "me" the moment she stepped down on the imperial shore, arm in arm with Edmund.

If Raymond had come down to her and held out his hand to her, she might even melt. She could do all sorts of stupid things out of her emotions.

However, rather than seeing him alienate further and further, she would rather make a knight's move.

"...I won't regret it."

About his murder.

Lisa turned to Edmund with a sinister smile.

She gently stroked Edmund's injured hand and kissed the child on the forehead.

"Don't get sick, my little imperial majesty."

***

"Your Majesty, it's too late. Tell me to serve you dinner in the bedroom?" the butler in the main palace asked.

But Raymond had no appetite.

"He did not surrender to me."

"Then let me prepare a bath."

"I don't need anything. I want to be alone. All of you get out."

The butler sent all the servants away, seeing his master out of sorts.

"Haa."

Throwing aside his cloak, he went to the window.

Raymond fixed his gaze on Edmund's palace, where torches were never extinguished.

"...Lisa."

Raymond spoke her name in a voice as cold as the wind at night.

You really don't know anything?

Raymond remembered the look on Lisa's face.

If it is true that the Marquis Sios decided to dig my grave, Lisa will stand by and advise.

But is she in harmony with the Marquis Sios? Time will show.

But one thing is clear...

Whatever they think, the first thing they do is take out the Duke of Croft.

I pretended to care about him. In fact, the subject of my concerns is completely different.

But first, what is Lisa's role in this conspiracy?