Chapter 79

Lisa was her beloved cousin, but sometimes she gave her this terrible face.

And every time that happened, Rose was shocked.

"I'm sorry... I said something stupid."

"Didn't you know that by talking about the deeds of His Majesty, you can lose your language?"

"...Yes."

The defeated Rose now sat quietly.

Lisa turned to the flower garden.

The blossoming red tulips reminded her of a rose garden at the palace.

'Since everything is fine with Edmund, let him quickly return to his routine as a prince. It will ward off suspicion.'

As soon as Edmund's fortune was strengthened, Raymond came to the prince at the palace, and said this to me.

He kept looking at me with constant indifference.

Not that his carelessness was new to me.

It's just a shame that he, who had not been touched by rumors before, suddenly became so concerned about it.

Or maybe the reason was just Ellie Croft? Oh, this woman ...

I am all the more not worried about the creeping gossip, but I am afraid that this news will reach her.

I got it all clear when Ellie left, and Raymond's heart changed in an instant.

Word spread that Ellie had left the empire with ends. Then his eyes were empty, like a living dead.

He stood in the same way as a pillar when I floated out of the country?

I thought about it for a moment.

"While she was playing in your shadow, you saw, but did not notice."

Lisa now had a maniac smile on her lips.

"Huh? Who played what?"

"I just remembered about the idiot who got lost in his own feelings."

"Yes?"

"And there will be no happy end to that."

Ellie will fall, Raymond will follow her. Lisa wanted the two to be reunited in the same ditch.

Rose shuddered at the sight of the inhuman appearance in front of her.

"Forget it, it was just thinking out loud."

At that moment, a gray-haired maid hastily approached them.

"What happened?"

"His Majesty issued a statement in defense of Duke Croft. They say he also sent the Duke an impressive gift."

"A gift, then."

"Right."

However, Lisa guessed that this statement was not without a hidden meaning.

Raymond has now shown to the whole world his willingness to cover Croft to the end.

There will be some hype for a while, but soon everything will settle down as it was.

However, the following words of the servant were for Lisa a thunderbolt.

"And they say the Croft estate is holding a grand reception to celebrate the return of their daughter."

***

"Milady, His Majesty has ordered us to escort you to the garden."

When I arrived at the Imperial Palace, the servant came up to me, as if he was already waiting for me.