Chapter 104

This bunch of toys hinted to me that Jeremy had robbed the store.

The latter showed a displeased face, as if he felt my surprised look.

"Hah, who comes empty-handed, I thought. Well ... I got carried away a little, huh?"

"I think Carlisle will absolutely love it."

When I called the servant, he accepted the gifts brought.

"But it seems to me that I came too early if I was met by Ellie alone."

He said, passing all the gifts to the servant.

It was early hour, right time for breakfast.

Carlisle was still asleep, and Jed returned very late and spent a long time in the dreamland.

"Jed will be sleeping, because he was overworked yesterday, and Carlisle is with Helen now."

But I thought he would not show up until noon.

"You came so early... Is it because you wanted to talk?"

Before we parted last time, he said that he wanted to tell me something.

Not that he lacked manners, so it is likely that he came to visit early in the morning in order to quietly talk to me.

His nod confirmed my expectations.

"Yes. I have something to say to Ellie."

"Then we need to go to the office."

****

"Tea straight from the Lund Kingdom," Jeremy said as soon as the maid put down the tray and left.

"Yes. I often remember our time in the kingdom of Lund, which is why I drink this tea. If you don't like it, I'll ask you to replace it."

"Not necessary. I like it too."

Jeremy smiled and took another sip.

Suddenly his face became serious.

"Ellie."

"Yes."

"I met the emperor."

My smile faded in an instant. I thought his important story would tell me about the tandem from Sios and Drua.

Raymond's unexpected appearance in this story made me tense.

I told you not to touch Jeremy. This is chantage? Threats?

"What's the trouble with you and the emperor?" I asked in alarm.

Jeremy hurriedly took my hand.

"Oh, it wasn't like that. He only expressed a desire to get to know better. Perhaps to make sure that I am not my father?"

"I am glad that he does not promise anything dangerous. But have you managed to prove that you are different from the duke?"

After all, he could have killed Jeremy, hiding behind even the most ridiculous excuse. That's what scared me the most. But Raymond's head seems to have had a turnaround.

"Yes... Well, that is... Well, I made him understand that I would never betray."

Jeremy gave me a strange look and continued:

"His Majesty has no choice but to believe."

Raymond has no choice but to believe?

I thought it would be a burden to win his trust at once. After all, Ray had a serious bias towards Duke Drua. But is it really all right?