Chapter 98

"What are you trying to tell me? Did you make a fuss at the reception to restore Drua's glory?"

"Yes. Exactly. I don't want to see the marquis chasing the duke anymore as if he were his subordinate."

"What are you really up to?" asked Duke Drua, as if he could not believe it.

And the suspicions were justified. After all, Jeremy never showed interest in the common cause of the family.

It was not easy to believe that he changed his attitude out of the blue.

"I am also from the Drua clan. Let you not consider me to be them."

Jeremy spoke with an unshakable, stern face.

"I didn't know that the emperor himself would go to the reception, but I don't regret that I revealed my existence."

"Do not regret? Let's see what the emperor has to say! Even after 10 years! He is the one who brushed my father's head off his shoulders. Who knows what this tyrant will do?!"

"Everything is different from what it was ten years ago. During the uprising ten years ago, His Majesty had an excuse to destroy Drua. Tired of the then emperor, the nobility supported the coup, but now the empire is unstable. Nobody supports the bloody usurper."

The duke's black eyes trembled.

"The Emperor cannot take us out without a fight."

The Duke gazed into Jeremy's amber eyes, full of confidence.

It's not even that he didn't like Jeremy because he didn't inherit their symbol.

Jeremy has always been Drua's only successor, but he didn't care until now.

He abandoned his home, roamed as a mercenary, and stood by when the family was in danger.

But now he is broadcasting that he himself is a greater Drua than anyone else.

"But even in this case, the emperor should not scratch his nerves. Now we are working on even more important things..."

The Duke, haunted by Jeremy's sparkling eyes, suddenly fell silent.

He still could not completely trust the guy in front of him to tell him the whole essence of things.

However, Jeremy had already heard the duke.

And he also noticed that the Duke and the Marquis felt mutual disgust and fear.

He just didn't know what those two were working on right now.

Jeremy said pretending to be innocent.

"Have you and Sios really thought of something big?"

"It has nothing to do with you. In any case, know your place. We will apologize to the Marquis for the uproar."

"Do you think Marquis Sios will hold your hand?"

"...What are you talking about?"

"You can't trust Sios. The reception is over, and the whole empire is chatting about Drua, but did you receive a letter from the Marquis? "

The Duke could not answer.

And Jeremy knew the answer.

"If Marquis Sios had really planned an alliance with Drua, as soon as it all broke out, they would have discussed future plans with Your Excellency."

"If they send someone to me now, it will attract the emperor's eye. Naturally, Sios did not take abrupt steps..."

"Have you met in public up to this point? Isn't there a secret appearance known only to the two of you? "