Chapter 123

"Is His Majesty my father?"

Carlisle's face now announced to me his utter surprise.

Young as he was, he already knew how high the monarch of the empire sat.

How could he not be surprised what kind of person his dad suddenly became?

And even if Carlisle was smarter than his peers, not every adult could take such news.

It will take Carlisle a lot of time and effort to discern Raymond's father.

This is supposed to be presented step by step, but now is running out of time.

The whole world around is about to hear the truth, so I should have told Carlisle.

It would have been much more difficult if he had heard it from strangers.

I confirmed, looking into Carlisle's dark, confused eyes.

"Yeah. His Majesty is Carlisle's father."

Carlisle closed his lips tightly and avoided my gaze.

Carlisle had this habit of not liking something.

"You don't have to put up and endure if you want to tell me something."

Carlisle looked at me and began cautiously.

"Mom... is it really necessary for me to have a dad?"

"Hm?"

I was overwhelmed by unexpected words.

Do you have to have a father?

I knew better than anyone that Carlisle missed his father, even if he kept quiet about it.

Back in the kingdom of Lund, he always asked if we could ever live with his father.

And suddenly a similar statement?

Carlisle said holding my hands tightly.

"Mom, I'm afraid of His Majesty. I just want to live with my mom, not with my dad."

Carlisle grabbed my arms as if he no longer wanted to listen to anything. What happened to Raymond while I was lying unconscious?

It was very embarrassing, but right now the priority was to calm my child down.

"Carlisle, do you want to see dad? His Majesty is not a terrible person."

I stroked Carlisle gently on the head and tried to swing him, but the child gritted his teeth and resisted.

I never thought that Carlisle would hate Raymond like that.

But when he accidentally met Raymond in the market, the latter made a good impression.

But Carlisle's memories seemed to have faded with time.

"Mom, can we just return everything as it was?"

My heart is heavy with what will break out in the future.

I never even turned him against Raymond.

Nevertheless, such a reaction ... That was a surprise.

"This is Carlisle and my house now. Look how much space there is. Perhaps Carlisle will still like it here."

He smiled brightly on purpose, but closed his lips again in displeasure.

I sensed his reluctance as I looked down at him.

When I rushed about in thought, how to calm him down more, my father patted me on the shoulder.