Chapter 87

"Fine. After all, this could happen to anyone. In any case, I just hope that Vishtein learns today's lesson and refrains from clowning in the future. It's very annoying when chickens play eagles."

Just like now, Lisa clowns and pretends to be the wife of the emperor.

Her foundation, from which her antics stemmed, lay only in the fact that Lisa was considered imperious, as if an empress.

Honey, your castle will not be easy to demolish, but sooner or later it will fall.

Lisa keeps hanging around next to the throne of the Empress, but this fact does not promise her the crown.

I looked into Lisa's beautiful green eyes. Her face was now frenzied, as if she understood who I meant in that hint.

A chill went through those green eyes. Looks like I'm the only one here who noticed this.

"I'll convey your words to Rose. Today is a holiday, and we never stopped spoiling it with someone else's dirty linen."

"Thanks."

"But I didn't know that Lady Celine and our hostess had become so close. You must have bumped into her at my tea party that day? And now it comes to expensive gifts? Looks like this dress is from Miladye Marie herself?"

"That's right."

"Miladye Marie's dress is difficult to buy even on order. Young Lady Celine received an excellent present today."

"Oh yeah. Lady Croft gave me an undeserved gift. I am very thankful."

"Well, how noble that Lady Croft took the Marquis's situation into consideration and held out her hand."

"Yes."

Suddenly Lisa herself took her hands and said sadly to Rosalyn.

"Then I heard that the Marquis Celine is not in the best shape. But if you need help, please contact me. I can do a small charity event."

It seemed to please Rosalyn, but in fact it was another insult to the Marquis.

First, the nobles never stopped begging for alms.

No matter how difficult it was with the material, it was inconceivable for the nobles to collect handouts.

Such a shame will drag the honor of the family to the very bottom.

As soon as Lisa's words were spoken, the nobles around us began to laugh.

Lisa kept looking at Rosalyn without batting an eye.

Rosalyn opened her mouth to argue, but she couldn't squeeze anything out of herself. After all, Lisa's proposal looked so innocent.

I saw Rosalyn's face, red with shame, and took Lisa by the hand, pressing hard.

Lisa's gaze turned to her hand.

"I am grateful to Lady Sios for her concern, but I think we will be fine. Lady Celine has just signed a lucrative contract with the Order of the Phoenix, perfumery."

"Perfumery... you mean those strange perfumes with supposedly healing effects?"

Lisa especially emphasized the word - strange, and threw a sympathetic look at Rosalyn.

It was the same thing that Vishtein said the other day.

They do not believe that perfume has beneficial properties.

I turned a wide smile on her.

"Exactly. The other day I found out about Rosalyn's creations, and I got so curious that I asked her to make me a party. When I received them, I liked the effect, and I introduced them to the Phoenix leader, my longtime acquaintance..."