Chapter 114

The clatter of hooves grew in the night forest.

Raymond, leading in front, galloped so wildly that the knights behind could hardly keep up.

The wind hit him in the face like a blade of a blade, but he felt nothing more than anxiety breathing down the back of his head.

An ominous foreboding that something is about to explode.

Ellie.

In his head there were only pleas for her good.

But, as usual, God didn't care about such little things.

Raymond's heart beat faster as he saw the nearby mansion in flames.

There was no evidence of this, but his instinct told him.

'Ellie is there.'

He spurred the horse even harder.

When they reached the house, the horse, frightened by the flames, reared up. Raymond dropped the reins and jumped off his horse.

He rushed back and forth, clearly not in his right mind.

Just as he was about to dive into the mansion, Carter grabbed him from behind.

"Carter!" Raymond shouted sharply, but he did not back down.

"Sire! The flame is too fired!"

The mansion was falling apart.

If you entered it now, chances were that you would never leave it.

Carter was ready to be punished for such a bold step, and his whole body fell on Raymond.

"People are inside!"

However, at that moment, the knights who looked through the window screamed, and Raymond's Carter was no longer overpowering.

Raymond kicked Carter hard and kicked the door open.

"Sire!"

The mansion was clouded with smoke, which was difficult to open your eyes.

A cough escaped from the room.

He took out a flask of water, soaked a scrap of his robes, covered his face with it, and went deep inside.

And he found Ellie lying among the rubble of a tree.

"Ellie!"

Raymond grabbed her face and patted her cheeks, but there was no reaction either.

As if she was dead.

"No."

Raymond checked her pulse with trembling hands.

Very weak, but still present.

What a miracle that she was alive, but delay now guarantees her death.

As soon as he was about to hug her in order to take her out in a hurry, Raymond noticed Ellie's strange posture.

She curled up in a ball and held something, as if trying to cover something precious.

"Well, of course..."

With trembling hands, he lifted the robe and saw the child in her arms.

Raymond sighed, hastily grabbed Carlisle's thin wrist and checked his pulse.

However, unlike Ellie, there was no pulse.

He is dying.

No, maybe already dead?

With a frozen face, he pulled Carlisle out of Ellie's arms.

Raymond removed the fabric covering his mouth. He then ripped the cloth in half and poured out any remaining water from the flask.