Chapter 67

Vishteyn, flushed, tried to open her mouth, but I was the first to do it.

"It seems to me that I have never even heard the name of Count Vishtein. I would not even have recognized you if it were not for Mrs. Sios."

"What?!"

I turned away from the bubbling Vishtein and smiled at Celine.

"And even though many hardships fell to the lot of Mrs. Celine, it seems that the main thing in the gift is sincerity. A unique perfume is also a very interesting thing. Isn't that right, Mrs Sios?"

I ignored Vishtein and asked Lisa.

All eyes were on us, and Lisa had to get out of the situation:

"...Right. Milady Celine, I will definitely try this perfume. Thank you very much."

Celine stared at the floor with a drooping face.

I felt the irritation and ragged breathing of Vishtein, who was now completely ignored, but I myself was not affected.

After all, that was my intention from the very beginning. I hope Vishteyn will break loose and yell at me now.

Then I will have an excuse to bury it even further.

But by no means, Vishtein just glanced at me and hid her face behind a fan.

She swung it around so violently, as if trying to vent her anger.

Rose gave up too soon. Much sooner than I thought.

What a pity.

Now I turned to Lisa.

"Milady Sios, I also prepared a modest gift for you."

I handed Lisa a small velvet box.

"My God, thank you."

She gave me the duty words of gratitude and took the casket from the maid.

"I have no idea about Lady Sios's tastes, so my choice was based on my own... I hope I pleased you. Would you like to open it now?"

I have prepared this gift to show it to everyone.

Lisa stopped turning the box in her hands. Now she is staring at me with a smile.

"As you wish."

Lisa slowly opened the lid of the velvet box. Soon Lisa's green eyes crawled to her forehead from what she saw. Delighted, she could hardly move her lips.

"This is... This is beautiful."

"This is a blue diamond necklace. You like?"

"Blue diamonds?" Vishtein shouted in surprise.

As if she had forgotten her anger in a moment, she jerked towards the box in Lisa's hands.

Rosa Vishtein stared hungrily at the blue diamonds. Now she looked at me with completely different eyes.

"But from where? The extraction of blue diamonds is so scarce that no one can buy them even for big money."

Although Vishtein was an immature wildcat, her doubts were now well founded.

Blue Diamond is a mineral that can only be found in the mines of the Kingdom of Lund. Unlike other diamonds, blue production was more than modest. Therefore, the price for them was exorbitant. Yes, even having laid out the money, it could be bought only after several years of waiting.

Therefore, there were many fakes on the market, ordinary diamonds colored blue.

It was not only Vishtein who found it difficult to believe that the stones in front of them were genuine.