Chapter 64

I knocked on the table with my fingertips while tossing about in thought: should I go or not?

Politeness dictates that you send the letter at least three days before the event, so if you think you don't have time to respond to a sudden invitation, you can easily refuse.

But then it will seem to me that I am running away from them.

And although Lisa was a thorn, she was not something scary.

While these thoughts marinated in my head, I shifted my gaze, and suddenly my gaze rested on the newspapers that had accumulated in the office.

They were newspapers with articles about the innocence of the Duke of Croft.

They only reported the Duke of Croft, and there was no mention of me or my donation.

Tea drinking of the Marquis of Sios will surely bring together many ladies and young girls.

This is a good reason to go there.

I quickly wrote the answer on a white letterhead.

[Thanks for the invitation. See you at the Marquis.]

I put the answer in an envelope and melted the red seal from the candle. Securing the envelope with wax, I handed it to the butler.

"Send to Marquis Sios right now. Also, send someone to the Phoenix Branch. Tell them to bring me the best wine."

"Yes Milady."

On receiving the letter, the butler quickly left.

***

The time when the sun went down.

The ship, which had arrived from the kingdom of Lund, now anchored in a port near the capital of the Empire, Egrit.

Jed mingled with the crowd rushing out.

"It would be nice to have a mug now."

Indulging in dreams, Jed stepped off the ship and froze when he saw a man meeting him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jed asked Jeremy, who had approached him.

The latter brushed his platinum hair to the back of his head and turned his gaze to the sea.

"What the hell am I here for? Your words were that you were going to sail to the Empire."

"No, this is clear. I ask, how did you know the exact time and place?"

"Don't you remember our last conversation?"

They talked and drank that day. He was far from remembering the whole dialogue, he did not even remember how he got home after that.

"I don't remember anything. What you said? What did I say? Have we agreed in advance?"

"Ha. This is your first visit to the Empire of Egrit. Someone has to give you a tour."

Jeremy smiled enigmatically.

"I know a very good place to have a drink."

"Come on? Then what are we waiting for?"

At night, the pub in the capital was a mess.

There were also mercenaries who had not already shared something.

After passing such a noisy environment, Jed and Jeremy took a quiet place in the corner.

Jeremy turned to the small window, draining his bottle.

A large full moon and stars shone in the deep night sky.

When he saw a beautifully shining silver moon, he naturally thought of a certain person.