Chapter 23

"He must have missed his father a lot."

Marquis laughed as if it seemed sweet to him and dismissed Edmund.

Then Edmund stomped towards Raymond with gentle steps. Faced Raymond, Edmund reached out to him.

"Sire."

At that moment, I saw Raymond take Edmund's hand.

A playful smile appeared on Edmund's face.

"Mom will dance with His Majesty!"

Edmund screamed loudly.

The music stopped flowing for a moment.

All the nobles who heard the child's words suddenly fell silent, because it was very embarrassing.

The waltz of beautiful couples usually gets everyone's eyes at banquets, but Raymond and Lisa is simply worthless as a couple.

And besides, I was in front of them.

Ex-husband, his first love, ex-wife, and illegitimate child.

This relationship was already a circus.

All the eyes of the nobility were now riveted on us.

While everyone maintained their awkward silence, Lisa's voice rang out:

"Eddie, no. Don't bother His Majesty," Lisa said hoarsely to Edmund.

Edmund shouted again:

"...Mom and the emperor can't dance?! Mom, you said that if people love each other, they dance at the ball! Eddie wants mom to dance with the Emperor."

Edmund took Lisa's hand and pulled her toward Raymond.

I saw the darkness in the emperor's eyes.

Even then, there was nothing he could do but frown and shake off the child's hand.

I didn't intend to sit up in the middle of such an awkward scene, and at the moment when I was about to turn around and leave, Lisa called my name.

"Lady Croft."

"Yes?"

Why suddenly me?

Her green eyes turned to me. It was a bad omen.

"Lady... do you mind if I do Edmund's request?"

And my premonition did not disappoint me. Lisa still managed to entangle me in this situation.

There is no point in asking your ex-wife's permission. Don't you know?

It would be correct to ask Raymond's own wish, but not mine. However, Lisa asked me, as if Raymond couldn't dance with her precisely because of my presence.

Again, a sharp blade was hidden in her soft words.

I didn't answer her right away.

What the hell are you going to get by pulling me into this story?

Lisa has already acquired the status of empress, and she is the mother of the crown prince.

Well... Whatever it is, I don't even want to know it.

But it's enough to puzzle over these intricacies. Even if she embroiled me in this situation, it's okay if I chop off the shoulder.

I will never see them again.

I smiled, looking at Lisa, who was anxiously expecting an answer.

"You really need my permission... Then my answer will be such. His Majesty and I are no longer bound by marriage, so do as you please."