Chapter 163

That night.

I left the palace, accompanied only by Helen, dressed in robes and with Carlisle in my arms.

As I got into the carriage, Edmund, who was waiting inside, stared at me in amazement.

It was I who secretly ordered Edmund to pull up in that carriage. Edmund was due to leave the Imperial Palace tonight.

Shortly after the van started, Edmund asked cautiously:

"Your Majesty ... Where are you taking me?"

"Didn't I tell you? I will help you settle in a foreign country. And you need to leave today."

"Like this ... Is it that simple? I didn't even see my mother..."

It looks like he wanted to see Lisa for the last time.

As evil as Lisa was, she was Edmund's mother, so I understood Edmund's anguish.

But it would have been better if Edmund hadn't seen Lisa now.

His last memory of his mother shouldn't be so vile.

"We have to go immediately."

"Ah..."

My persistence left him no room for hesitation.

So, the carriage hastily passed the gates of the Imperial Palace.

"Your Majesty, we have arrived."

Helen, who was driving outside with the coachman, opened the door for me and said.

I got out first, Edmund followed me.

In the middle of the forest on the outskirts, my eyes were drawn by the golden hair, slicked back.

"Carter.

"Greetings, Your Majesty the Empress."

"Did you bring him?"

"Yes, Your Majesty.

Carter responded and backed off. Leon Sios appeared from behind him.

His green eyes twinkled with light as he spotted the person behind me.

"Edmund.

Edmund, who could not understand the moment, took a step back.

"Edmund, this is your uncle Leon Sios."

"Yes?"

Edmund began to study Leon again with his eyes.

Leon's throat was locked. And his eyes, which after days in prison showed absolutely nothing, were completely different when he saw Edmund.

"Uncle..."

Edmund didn't seem to believe what was happening.

Leon and Edmund looked at each other with complex emotions.

They probably had a lot to discuss.

But two of them will have to leave before dawn.

"Let's clarify the circumstances at last. Leon Sios ."

"Yes, Your Majesty.

"Today you could not stand the drama that was playing out around you and took poison."

Leon jerked to look me in the eye.

I looked at Helen. Helen pulled out a pre-prepared ID and handed it to Leon.

"This is the name under which you will live in the future. Don't forget, Leon Sios died today."

"I will keep it in mind. And thank you, Your Majesty."

Leon bowed his head and spoke.

Now it was Edmund's turn.

The latter looked completely confused.

I gently took his hand.

"That's all I can do for you. Send you and your uncle abroad. Forget Egrit's name."

"Yeah."

"And again... You can't go back to the empire. You must completely forget about the empire so that everyone is happy."

In the distant future, when Raymond and I would have died, if Edmund had changed his mind and returned to the empire, rivers of blood would have flowed.

Be that as it may, Edmund was of imperial bloodline.

But he was a smart kid, so he quickly realized what I was talking about.

"Never ... I will not return. Thank you for your grace. Your Majesty."

"Good."

I let go of Edmund's hand.

"Leave before dawn."

Carter brought two horses and handed the reins to Leon and Edmund.

The two bowed their heads once more and mounted their horses.

And without looking back, they immediately left this place.

"Shall we follow them to make sure?"

"This is useless. Leon and Edmund aren't idiots either.

They know better than anyone that they can only survive by leaving this place.

And so we kept our promise not to kill Edmund.

All I could do, I did. Their future life is none of my business.

With a sense of relief, I turned to the carriage.

"Let's go back to the palace.

"They say Liza has already been executed."

"That's good."

Hearing the news from Helen, I closed the carriage door.

When I returned to the palace, the sky was already flooded with bright light.

The sunny blue sky seemed to reflect my own feelings.

Now it's really over.

I heard poisonous words around, and the aftertaste remained bitter, but in the future only light awaits me.

After all, Lisa Sios ended up leaving this world.

Looking at the pacifying panorama of the Imperial Palace, my gaze suddenly touched the carriage standing in front of the palace.

"Raymond.

None other than the emperor got out of the carriage.

Yesterday I couldn't wait for me to leave his palace. Not a day has passed since he built a wall between us. What has changed?

Here the corners of his mouth crept upward. Looks like he was glad to see me.

You're just a fucking psycho.

I put on a fake smile and went out to greet him.

"Sire.

"The Empress. I was worried about the prince. Has he already woken up?"

"Woke up. Let's go to the room."

"Ah. Your presence is unnecessary. Never mind, I came without an invitation."

Someone else's ears would have thought that this was how he showed me a favor. But when I thought about it, it seemed to me that he did not need exactly my company.

His tone was the same as yesterday. When he ushered me out of his palace.

What's going on in this strange head?

I checked his face.

The face was calm.

It seems there is nothing bad or strange.

In this situation, it would be strange for me to follow him to Carlisle's room.

I said, taking a step back:

"Then I'll take my leave."

"Of course."

He just passed in front of me and climbed the stairs.

Thrown so carelessly, I flushed with embarrassment.

I just stood there and watched him, and Raymond, meanwhile, had already jumped up the stairs.

I felt that not only I was embarrassed, but all the servants were now looking at me.

Raymond didn't even look back.

"Your Majesty, are you all right?"

Helen came over and asked carefully.

That look of hers, he kind of asked if Raymond was spoiling my life like before?

I was extremely embarrassed, but I did not feel resentment or anger.

Rather, Raymond's sudden change was suspicious.

I feel there is something here that I am not aware of.

I can't figure out what it was.

"Good."

"Let's go to the office?"

"No. Let's leave the palace for a while, so that His Majesty can spend time calmly with the prince."

Although I didn't know exactly what was happening here, I could see that Raymond was not at ease with me.

So today I am considering leaving him without my company.

In any case, I will have a meeting.

"Get the carriage ready. We are going to the Order of the Phoenix."

No one came out to meet me in front of the entrance, because I had not informed Jed in advance.

The lobby worker, who saw the imperial carriage, widened his eyes and bent down.

"I'll tell the boss right now."

"No. Let it be a surprise."

Since becoming Empress, I have never been able to speak comfortably with Jed.

Since today is a free day, it would be nice to meet it in a relaxed atmosphere.

When I reached the top floor, I froze when I saw a man who had just left the office.

"Jeremy?"

"Your Majesty."

Jed also left the office with that voice.

"Greetings, Your Majesty the Empress."

"Get up."

Jeremy and Jed stood up, and I looked at them one by one with puzzled eyes.

"What did you two do?"

Jeremy answered when he saw my eyes on them.

"Oh, I came to ask for help in the work in the mines. Duke's current position is too stressful to bring the mines back into operation."

"Ah ... you came on business. Good."

Now, it's no surprise that the two have met on several occasions.

"Your Majesty ... But are you okay?" Jeremy asked anxiously.

From the poisoning of Carlisle to the death of Lisa.

It can be assumed that I was worried about a lot of things that have fallen on my shoulders.

"I'm fine. Carlisle has already recovered. And as you heard, Lisa was executed today. So I simply have no cause for concern."

There was no cause for concern ... As soon as this statement flew from my lips, the image of Raymond loomed in my mind.

"Your Majesty..."

Jeremy noticed how my wandering gaze suddenly froze, and anxiously called out to me.