Tristan x reader

Hey guys, this was a request from @ME_K-0. Hope you all enjoy!

One year.

It had been one year since you had started dating Tristan, and such was bliss. During the day, you'd spend your time helping him, Isolde, Jade, and Chion with their duties. At night, you would sneak off to spend time with him in the grove of pink trees near Lake Pennace, laying against the soft grass at his side. You loved him dearly, and he you, but there was one problem.

Neither your parents nor his knew of your relationship.

You were from Nobility, being the daughter of a duke, so you got permission to see the Prince of Liones quite often without any suspicion. However, you could only visit so often without Meliodas, his father, getting suspicious. One night, the cheeky demon decided to stay up, and Tristan hadn't the slightest clue.

You got up when the clock struck twelve, and then silently dressed before slipping out the window, careful not to make any noise as you called for your pet bird to carry back up the rope. Your feathered companion did so and shut the windows as well, before you set off to the unguarded part of the gates.

Meliodas finally finished his paperwork for the night when Elizabeth walked in, hugging him from behind. He always could sense when she was tired, and he told her that he'd wake her up when he heard anything. Tristan snuck out at around midnight, when he assumed his dear old dad was asleep. What a surprise he was in for. Meliodas looked at the clock and smirked when he heard Tristan's telltale soft pattering footsteps down the hall to the...kitchen? He got up and went to investigate, silently slipping into pockets of shadows in the corridors. He watched as Tristan packed a picnic basket with some fruit that he saw fit to take before he spoke. "I do hope she likes these. Then again, (Y/N) isn't picky, so I'm sure she will." Meliodas quietly slipped into the kitchen before slamming the door shut, causing Tristan to shriek and nearly jump out of his boots. He then saw who it was, and gave an annoyed look. "Father, why?!" he yelled, before Meliodas spoke. "Alright, here's what we're gonna do. First, you have to answer three questions, second, you're going to tell me who the fruit's for, and third, you're going to tell me why you're all dressed up like you're going out on night patrol. I might know the answer to two of those things, but I still want to hear your little mouth spit it out. So, let's start, shall we?" he asked, locking the door. He used his darkness to guard the door, causing Tristan to start to panic. "I... um." he stammered, causing the blond to deadpan as he looked at his son. "It's because of a girl, isn't it?" he asked, causing Tristan to turn red in the face. "Maybe it is, maybe it isn't." he huffed, pouting. When he looked back at his father, Tristan saw an interested glint in the man's eyes, before he spoke again. "So, where do you two plan to meet up?" he asked, causing him to sigh before slumping down at the table. "You know that grove of pink trees at Lake Pennace?" Tristan inquired, causing Meliodas to nod. "There." he said, causing Meliodas to chuckle. "That's funny because me and your mother both have gone there, whether together or not." he said, causing Tristan's face to get even redder. "Oh, I see. Well then, what are the-" but Meliodas cut him off. "Ah, ah, ah. I'm not finished yet. Why so dressed up, eh?" he asked, causing Tristan to smile. "The jacket's for her in case she gets cold. The armor's for safety." he said shyly, burying his face in his hands as Meliodas undid the heavy armor. "I paid a fortune for this. I'm not about to see you waste the use it has. Just keep the button up shirt and the pants and you should be fine." he said, causing him to nod. "Since I wasted one of my three questions, how about you tell me exactly who the fruit's for?" he asked, causing Tristan to try to stall. "You know, she's part of the Nobility..." he said, stalling, but Meliodas got up on the table and grabbed Tristan's face. "Who. Is. She?" he asked, his voice unnaturally serious. "It's... (Y/N)." he said, shutting his eyes tightly as Meliodas thought to himself and recalled where he had seen you before. He then recalled the time you were seen helping a few orphaned children to get some food that their "mother" had neglected to feed them. He then smiled before speaking. "Alright, I'll let you go..." he said finally, causing Tristan to beam at him. "Oh, thank you." he said, before a hand and a soft voice stopped him. "But, on one condition." It was his mother, Elizabeth. "M-mother, what are you doing here?" he asked, causing the woman to giggle. "We want to join you and meet her if that's alright." she said, causing Tristan to reach back and scratch his head. "Alright, I suppose you could, but please, for my sake, no teasing, please?" he asked, causing the two to nod. "Alright, fine." Meliodas agreed, causing him to nod before going to the door to unlock it. The young prince then led the two out of the castle to Lake Pennace.

You sat down next to the tree that you usually sat near with Tristan, a disappointed look on your face as you did so. Why isn't he here? Where is he? Did something happen? You asked yourself, before hearing footsteps and looking over your shoulder to see Tristan. You gasped excitedly. "Tristan, there you are!" you exclaimed, running to him and hugging him tightly. "Wow, you weren't kidding, she does get excited when you show up, huh?" Meliodas asked, causing your face to redden as you pulled back and looked up at your boyfriend. "Tris, why are your parents here?" you asked, causing him to look to the side and scratch his head, chuckling nervously. "Oh my goddesses you got caught, didn't you?" you asked, causing him to nod. "Ah well, I knew this would eventually happen. Better you than me, huh?" you asked, hugging him again. "Anyways, my apologies, I haven't properly introduced myself. I am (Y/N), daughter of Duke (L/N). delighted to make your acquaintance." you said, curtsying. "Oh, well, you already know who we are, but we just wanted to make sure that this one," Elizabeth patted Tristan on the shoulder. "Wasn't getting into any trouble. That's all." she said, before Meliodas spoke. "Well, we'll leave you two to it, wouldn't want to kill the mood, would we?" he asked, before turning to Tristan. "Your curfew is now one in the morning. Use that wisely." he said, before walking off with Elizabeth beside him. You turned to him and smiled. "I'd say things went smoothly, wouldn't you?" you asked, before he nodded and walked back over to you, hugging you tightly. "Sorry they caught me, I didn't want them to find out, but I eventually had to fess up. He's my father after all, and I don't want him to be disappointed in me." he said ashamedly. "Tristan, I'm not even mad. If anything, it gave me a chance to meet him, and I also get to spend more time with you tonight, too. So let's make the most of this, alright?" you asked, looking up at him. "Of course." he said quietly, sitting down and beckoning to you. You gladly went and laid down beside him as he laid down, before laying your head against his chest. "I love you." you whispered. A long silence passed, before you heard him answer you. "I love you too, (Y/N)." he replied, holding you close to him.