Star Tears Estarossa x reader fluffy angst

Hey guys, this was a request from @paulinahikari. Sorry for being dead for like a week but I'm finally back. Anyways, hope you enjoy!

Estarossa remembered clearly when you were first introduced to him, when he was about the age of ten. He remembered how your (E/C) eyes lit up when you talked to him about your older sister, the same way his eyes did when he spoke about Meliodas to you. You both had a lot of similarities, for example, you both hated royal formalities, and therefore never used them when talking to each other. Another was that you both worked hard to polish your skills in battle, and often would spar each other when you both had the free time. However, there was one thing that you did that he loved the most, and that was that you genuinely listened to and helped him when he needed it. You were single, with none of the dukes' sons thinking you were worthy of their attention, but Estarossa wanted so badly for you to see him as something other than a friend. And that, that single, small, and seemingly impossible wish, was what led to him catching Star Tears in the first place.

Estarossa woke up and felt a stinging sensation in his eyes, and went to Meliodas to ask him what it was. However, right when he got into the room and Meliodas had the chance to properly look at him, he spoke. "So, who is the lovely lady that you have affections for?" He asked, his voice expectant of an answer. "What?" Estarossa asked, confused. "You don't know what you have? You don't know why you're crying stars?" He asked, causing the demon to nod. Meliodas pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed deeply. "You have a disease called Star Tears. It causes those who have unrequited feelings or unnoticed feelings to start crying small star crystals, and can only be cured if the person they hold affections for gives them a kiss or some sort of affection like that." He explained. "And if they don't confess or they don't get that requited love?" Estarossa asked, half knowing the answer already. "They go blind if the disease gets that bad." Meliodas said flatly. Estarossa nodded before thanking his older brother and leaving to find you and tell you about his feelings. However, when Estarossa heard that you were on a mission, his hearts sank. You were to be gone for two days, leaving the disease to get worse until then.

You sighed after leaving the Demon King's throne room to go to your chambers in the castle. You were the first duke's daughter, and a highly respected member of the Demon Race's armies. You had been in love with Estarossa for so long now, but you had yet to catch the disease of Star Tears, which perplexed you, but you remained thankful that you hadn't caught it yet. You got back to your room and saw that Estarossa was asleep in your bed, causing you to smile at how peaceful he looked. You shook him awake and gasped when you saw him open his eyes. Small stars fell down onto the bed, while tears of your own fell as well. You hugged him tightly, accidentally burying his face in your chest. The male leaned into your touch as you spoke softly. "Who is it that you are in love with, Estarossa?" You asked, tears continuing to roll down your cheeks as your friend looked up at you. "You really don't know?" He asked, causing you to shake your head no. "(Y/N), it's you." He said, looking up at you as you sighed shakily. You cupped his face in your hands as you expected him to tell you that he was joking, but he didn't say anything. You then leaned in close to him and kissed him on the lips, causing the stars to stop falling. After a few seconds, the two of you separated from each other, with Estarossa smiling softly at you. "Why didn't you tell me?" you asked, but he shook his head, wrapping his arms around your waist as he held you close to him and buried his face in your hair, breathing in your scent. "I wanted to, but I didn't want to ruin the friendship we had either. Can you forgive me?" he asked, causing you to sigh before wrapping your arms around his neck and hugging him tightly. You pulled him down to your level and let him lay on top of you, allowing him to rest. "For now, though I do forgive you, I'd like to rest. My mission was hard, and I didn't want to stay away for too long." you explained, laying back against the pillows and closing your eyes. "Of course." he said, his voice soft and quiet as he spoke. With that, he closed his eyes as well, and drifted off to sleep in your arms.