King x pregnant reader

Hey guys, this was a request from @xxOfficialWeebZoexx. Hope you enjoy!

"I'm... what?"

You had to have misheard the mage in front of you. She did not just say that.

"You're pregnant, (Y/N). I've gotten back the results from the tests and you're pregnant as of a week ago." Merlin replied.

You hid your face in your hands as she spoke. This couldn't be right. What will he think when he hears the news? Will he leave me? You thought to yourself. You ran your fingers through your hair, messing it up slightly. You now knew that what you thought was a simple stomach bug was actually you being pregnant. The father of the baby? Your husband, Harlequin, king of the Fairy King's Forest. You yourself were a fairy, and had (F/C) wings, outlined with glittering black lines. You nodded softly before thanking her and then going to see your husband, who was waiting for you outside of the mage's lab. When he saw you, he ran to you and hugged you tightly, sighing softly. He then cupped your face in his hands as he spoke. "Are you ok? This has been going on for a while. Are you going to be alright?" he asked, causing you to nod softly before taking his hands into yours and smiling softly. "I'll tell you what's going on later tonight, ok, love?" you asked, causing him to nod before he pressed his forehead against yours. He then took your hand and flew back to the forest with you.

After a long six hours, you both were getting ready for bed, with Harlequin getting into his pyjamas, while you slipped into your nightgown. After the two of you were in bed, you decided to speak. "Hey, Harlequin, what do you think of having children?" you asked, causing him to prop himself up on his elbows before he turned to face you. "I would love to start a family with you. I've been meaning to ask you the same thing for a while, but I didn't know how you would feel about it." he said. You then rested against his chest, taking in the warmth he provided. The ginger haired male then decided it would be best to ask what was going on with you in the morning, and held you close as he fell asleep.

The next morning, Harlequin groggily sat up and looked around for you. He used his mind reading abilities to find you, and then listened in for a bit as your humming drifted in from the bathroom.

Harlequin, I'm pregnant. No, that's not good enough, perhaps I should write a small poem telling him he's going to be a father. I just have no idea how to tell him that I'm going to have his baby.

Harlequin's eyes widened as he sat up and then got out of the bed before walking into the bathroom. He then hugged you from behind, resting his hands on your still flat tummy. "How many weeks are you in, and when were you planning to tell me?" he asked, causing you to look back with a scowl as you took the book you were reading, which was on the counter, and whacked him on the left side of his head with it, hard. He stumbled back, holding his now red left cheek, and looking at you with wide eyes as you scowled. "Right, should've said I accidentally read your mind instead. Sorry butterfly." he said, causing you to sigh. "Harlequin, now the surprise is ruined!" you scolded, causing him to put his hands up in defeat as he got up. "I'm sorry, you know that it accidentally happens whenever I just wake up, please forgive me. I really didn't mean to." he said, holding you close to him as he peppered your face with kisses. You pinched the bridge of your nose after he stopped and sighed. "Fine, but please don't read my mind again." you said, your cheeks slightly red. He nodded softly before he spoke again. "Also, you should just tell me if this happens again, which it mi-" you held up the book again. "Ok, ok, I'll stop." he said, holding up his hands in front of his face. After you put the book back down, he picked you up and carried you back to the bed, setting you back under the covers. When you tried to get up, Harlequin wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you close to him, burying his face in your neck and sighing. "Please, just rest for a little longer, I was hoping this could be a lazy day, since I have nothing else to do today." he said, causing you to reluctantly nod your head yes before you leaned back into his warmth, enjoying the peace and quiet, if only for a little longer.