Arthur x reader fluffy angst

Hey guys, thought you would like something I've been working on for a hot minute. Hope you guys enjoy and Happy Valentines Day!

You walked along Camelot Castle's long winding corridors late one evening, looking for your husband, Arthur, as you thought about how your life had been since you had met him. You had been married to him for a mere year, but it was a year filled with bliss as the mysterious king talked about what he liked, and asked about what you liked as well. You were a fairy, and had been a Holy Knight of Liones, but that changed when you had left to go to Camelot and stay with Arthur, who you had met shortly after the Sins had infiltrated Liones to take it back. Your ability was the ability to control plants, which was beautiful to many, but in hindsight very deadly. You remember your wedding with Arthur, and how the ceremony had been small, with only Merlin being present to watch, but it was nice. You didn't like people all that much anyways, but you did love Arthur. He treated you like porcelain whenever he would touch you, always taking care not to scare you when he would take your hand into his and walk with you. He would always seemingly brighten up whenever he saw you, his gaze becoming a welcoming one whenever he saw you. He was always so loving, and you adored that. Your own parents never really took the time to give you any sort of love, and would always just shove you to the side as they went about their duties for their days. However, Arthur gave you as much attention as you wanted, even if he wasn't particularly in the mood to do so. Of course, he had days where he leaned on you for support and advice, but you were always there waiting for him, ready to support him when he needed you.

You were still walking when the room seemed to shift, causing you to realize that you had been teleported somewhere. You looked around and saw Merlin, a finger pressed to her lips as you saw Arthur asleep in a recliner loveseat. It was then that you realized that you were in the royal library, and smiled before walking over to Arthur. You sat down next to him as he rested, his shoulders slumped down and his eyes closed as he slept peacefully. He must have been up late last night doing paperwork. You thought to yourself. You wrapped your arms around him and pulled him close to you, resting his head on your chest as you sighed softly. In an instant, Arthur's eyes shot open, with one of his scleras jet black, while the other one was normal. You stared in wide eyed shock as he tried to hide his face, not wanting to scare you. You had heard that Chaos had been given to him by Merlin, but up until now, you had no clue that that was the case. "Arthur, are you alright?" you asked, causing him to nod before sighing as he looked to the side, his hand dropping to his side as he let you see his completely black eye, save for his iris, which was the same lovely orchid color you saw every morning when he was asleep next to you. "I was hoping you wouldn't see this, that's all." he said, looking to the side as you looked at him. "I, do you want to hug it out, maybe?" you asked, arms open. He nodded before falling into your embrace, hugging you before he asked that the two of you talk somewhere that the two of you wouldn't be heard or seen. You agreed, and nodded softly before Arthur took your hand into his and pulled you up, leading you to your shared bedchambers. Once the two of you got there, Arthur told you that you might want to get comfortable, and decided to change into his pajamas so that he would be even slightly more relaxed. You got dressed in your nightgown and then got in the bed with him, pulling him close as he got comfortable and wrapped his arms around your waist. You then waited for him to speak.

"You know that I don't like to worry you, right?" he asked, his orchid eyes flicking up to gaze up at you. You nodded before he continued, looking to the side as he spoke. "I'm scared." he whispered, tears welling up in his eyes as he tried not to cry. He didn't want you to burden yourself with trying to calm him down. "Scared of what, my love?" you asked, your soothing voice making him calm down ever so slightly. He looked up at you as he rested his head against your neck, his eyes still watering as he spoke. "I'm scared that I'll lose control of my power and hurt you one day, and then you'll be scared to go near me, and then you'll hate me, and then you-" you cupped his face in your hands as tears of your own started falling, rolling down your cheeks as you spoke. "Arthur, no matter what happens, if it's something you can't control, then please come to me and tell me. I want you to know that, no matter what, I will always love you, remember that." you whispered, causing him to finally stop holding back as tears started to roll down his cheeks as he buried his face in your chest and shook with silent sobs. You held his face in your hands, keeping him there as you thumbed away his tears. You hummed softly, calming him down as he looked up at you. "I told you on the day we got married, for better or for worse, I'd stay by your side. So if you need to cry on someone, then cry on me. I care far too much about you to let you suffer in silence like this." you reassured him, causing him to nod as he shakily thanked you in between sobs. You had never seen him like this, but you were thankful that he was giving you this chance to actually care for him. Arthur hugged you tightly as you continued humming, your soft melody eventually lulling the ginger haired male to sleep. You saw that he was asleep and sighed, before resting next to him, your head on his chest, as you fell asleep, listening to his heartbeat.